Hardware ways to fix a low level bricked wii?

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only ways I have heard of are sending it into nintendo and buying a new one with a broken disc drive and swapping them out. Is there any other ways to fix one? I don't care how far fetched they are or expensive.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How is it bricked? Because it could be a lot of other things.

If its a low level brick and you have access to Homebrew or the Wii system menu you should be able to fix it fine. Try re-installing IOS's after making a nand dump (you have bootmii installed as a boot2 replacement or at least preloader right?)

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well it bricked when i used an upgrade from wii sports resort the i BOUGHT and it was the same region as my wii. And i didn't have bootmii installed or a nand dump. there is no system menu just a black screen.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What System menu version were you before it bricked?? 3. something??

And what form of brick is it?

Posts merged

Oh thats not a good brick. Thats a full on brick, and you have no preloader or bootmii?

Yeah I think the disc drive is the best fix right now, always have boot2.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to fix it, unless you have a mod chip that reads dol files directly from DVD-R's.
If it doesn't matter how much its gonna cost you to fix it I suggest you buy a new Wii.
Call nintendo say your Wii bricked while updating, don't say you have cIOS or HBC.
If they don't know that you have it when they fix it they might not charge you a lot.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it likely won't even void your warranty if its still applicable. Next time, boot2 replacement please
smile.gif

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
First thing

Can you get into the recovery menu using savemii or savemiifree?

If yes you might be able to redo the wii sports resort update

You would need a modchip installed and the wii sports resort as .ios converted to auto boot

then burn to disc and it will write the update again back to the wii in recovery mode

good luck

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This thread is over 10 years old! And bootmii boot2 CAN recover from bricks without a nand programmer so long as it's been installed in advance. You don't even need a nand backup anymore since the advent of giantpune's ohneschwanzenegger tool.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
This thread is over 10 years old! And bootmii boot2 CAN recover from bricks without a nand programmer so long as it's been installed in advance. You don't even need a nand backup anymore since the advent of giantpune's ohneschwanzenegger tool.
yeah but for me these things are still important for be safe against a brick of Wii:
  • BootMii (as IOS and as boot2 if possible)
  • Priiloader
  • a NAND backup
  • Ohneschwanzenegger (obviously)
Greetings ;)

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

CZ2746isback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a low level brick. As far as I know.

Reactions: SaulFabre

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
You are mistaken kind sir

Actually they are, if you go by the definition on the Wiibrew wiki:

A LLB occurs when part of the boot process is corrupt -- boot1 is corrupt, or boot2 is corrupt. Since boot2 is required to be working and able load an IOS before the system can run, any errors in this process will render the system inoperable. A LLB cannot be fixed with software and requires hardware modification to be repaired.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Brick/Low-level_brick

That said, it seems that Wii Sports resort only has 4.1 on it, so I doubt OP truly had a LLB per the above definition, since AFAIK only 4.2 ever touched boot2.

Reactions: SaulFabre

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I stand corrected, I personally use a different definition of low level brick, I will have to adapt. But if bootmii boot2 was installed in advance a low level brick wouldn't occur (as nothing should be touching boot1 or boot2 afterwards). And even if it wasn't, as long as the wii is capable of installing bootmii boot2, it can be installed using a hardware flasher like an infectus, I've seen DeadlyFoez do this firsthand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro