Will this work?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The PS3 does not have that much in the way of LAN compatible games- http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=2&...p;direction=ASC

Equally I do not know if there are any ping checks similar to the 360 and if they exist whether they have been patched out by any custom firmwares.

Anyhow assuming there are no checks and you have proper VPN software (hamachi is not really that good for this sort of thing as it has some odd ideas) set up correctly (that is to say VPN software that allows connections behind your firewall and if that sentence does not set of warning bells I suggest a bit of reading on networks in general) it should work. Worst case scenario you have to block all the PS3s from the internet and go local network only (VPN makes it so it appears you are all on the same network).

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
If you wanna go online with the ps3 so bad search xlink kai

I tried that very recently and attempted to install it---thing is, Norton detected it having several viruses hidden inside, and it automatically deleted it. O-o

EDIT: Actually, I may have actually downloaded it from a place that was not the official website, but I'm not sure...can anyone confirm this?
blink.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe jazvdb but such methods are always worth exploring- especially if Sony have done a half decent job this time and managed to reduce the network ability of hacked consoles.

Equally it can lead to other nice things one would not usually go in for on the official network.

@aguyyyy [insert jibe at norton] but either way xlink kai has been around for many years now and although lacking some options seen in the higher end VPN methods/programs it does the job for playing games most of the time and has a deservedly good reputation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.