Hacking Wasabi BCA patcher

shepe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Just noticed that wasabi have released a utility to patch NSBW now I have had this working fine on my chip previously by patching the dol and having trucha ug present in SM ios and ios53 now seeing this utility I thought I would try it, firstly I left all my ios's as they were and it worked fine, next I decided to use dop ios and restore ios 53 and 70 to the latest version without the trucha bug and the disc still plays fine which I find odd as I thought as soon as you patched the iso is breaks the disc signature and as such would require the trucha bug to work, is any one able to tell me why the disc can still load with no trucha bug even although the disc has been patched?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
shepe said:
Hi all,

Just noticed that wasabi have released a utility to patch NSBW now I have had this working fine on my chip previously by patching the dol and having trucha ug present in SM ios and ios53 now seeing this utility I thought I would try it, firstly I left all my ios's as they were and it worked fine, next I decided to use dop ios and restore ios 53 and 70 to the latest version without the trucha bug and the disc still plays fine which I find odd as I thought as soon as you patched the iso is breaks the disc signature and as such would require the trucha bug to work, is any one able to tell me why the disc can still load with no trucha bug even although the disc has been patched?
I'm not shure, but aren't there areas on a Wii Disc/ISO on which you can write things without needing Trucha? Like IOSPatcher/Autboot-Patcher does? Again, maybe I'm wrong...a real expert may know it better.

shepe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fair enough,

according to wasabi the BCA data is stored at offset $100 in the ISO does anyone know if this wont break the discs signature?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.