DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From the team that brought you the intuitive and immensely popular "virtual ISO" on-screen menu system for Xbox 360 optical disc drive emulators comes yet another world first - fully integrated, automatic drive key extraction. With Wasabi 360 Ultra there is no need for expensive third party drive key extraction hardware: with a single press of a button on the Wasabi 360 control panel, the drive key is automatically extracted from your original ODD and saved to Wasabi 360 Ultra's onboard storage for future use. And that's all you need to do - the previously saved drive key is retrieved and used automatically on each subsequent Xbox 360 boot. Simply plug and play - easy, fast, safe and convenient.

[yt]BPtIVJ8IwYI[/yt]

The automatic drive key extraction feature currently supports all Xbox Slim Liteon 16D4S drives, and support for the various Xbox Phat drives is currently under development. Automatic drive key extraction for Xbox Slim's will be included in the upcoming v1.2 BETA 2 firmware release. More details will follow on the Wasabi 360 Ultra website in the coming days, stay tuned.

Sources:
http://www.xboxscene.com/
http://wasabi360.com/

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, this is COOL. I might start hacking drives again, if it works and it's cheap.

I hated having to do all that stuff on PCBs just to retrieve a key.

Sadly I guess that this still doesn't put the blocked PCBs in write-enabled mode, right? :(

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Drive key extraction could be done on any drive, locked or unlocked.
Writing to the drive requires a unlocked drive.

The way the Wasabi works is by extracting the drive key and saving it to the Wasabi itself.
Without having to use Jungleflasher and a probe.
Then each time you boot the 360 it would grab the key it has extracted and uses that key to load games off off the HDD.

edit: At this time of writing, none is better then the other.
If the Wasabi team releases their firmware the Wasabi would be one of the better ones since it doesn't require to open the DVD drive and having to buy separate hardware for grabbing the DVD key.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello , i have some questions about Wasabi 360 Slim . I bought 3 pcs from an official distributer

1 ) I have updated them to the latest firmware ( 1.3 beta 1 ) but none can extract the key from Liteon DG164DS drive , i press the LEFT button , then power on , but i get a message that no key is found .It does not work like in the video ! If i manually place a previously extracted key in the wasabi folder it works .
The drive is modded with LT3.0 if that matters .

2 ) 1 of the 3 pcs i bought doesn't appear to work in emulation mode, when i randomly get image on screen in passthrough i get the E64 error . The other 2 work just fine in the same setup ( same console , cables ..etc ) What could i do to fix it , is there any factory reset or other software updates ? I read that there's actually 2 versions of Wasabi Slim , and in some older ones you actually need to invert the grey and red cable for it to work . What's the risk of getting banned from Live because of repetitive E64 error ( i believe it means DVD-ROM not connected ) ?

3 ) Is the port on Wasabi ESATA or ESATAp (does it provide power too ) ? I want to buy an ESATA to USB adapter and use a portable USB HDD .

Any other tips & tricks from owners ?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I personally don't own one but the one that has a failure in Emulation mode might have a corrupt firmware or isn't properly installed.

In the worst case it's broken.

As for the one that is already modded.
It might be that the Wasabi doesn't like CFW drives.

As for E64 error.
I don't think it's bannable.
Well.... MS hasn't banned anyone for it yet.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello , i have some questions about Wasabi 360 Slim . I bought 3 pcs from an official distributer

1 ) I have updated them to the latest firmware ( 1.3 beta 1 ) but none can extract the key from Liteon DG164DS drive , i press the LEFT button , then power on , but i get a message that no key is found .It does not work like in the video ! If i manually place a previously extracted key in the wasabi folder it works .
The drive is modded with LT3.0 if that matters .

2 ) 1 of the 3 pcs i bought doesn't appear to work in emulation mode, when i randomly get image on screen in passthrough i get the E64 error . The other 2 work just fine in the same setup ( same console , cables ..etc ) What could i do to fix it , is there any factory reset or other software updates ? I read that there's actually 2 versions of Wasabi Slim , and in some older ones you actually need to invert the grey and red cable for it to work . What's the risk of getting banned from Live because of repetitive E64 error ( i believe it means DVD-ROM not connected ) ?

3 ) Is the port on Wasabi ESATA or ESATAp (does it provide power too ) ? I want to buy an ESATA to USB adapter and use a portable USB HDD .

Any other tips & tricks from owners ?
Regarding #1 I have found that the drive case you use matters greatly. Most of the eSATA cases do not support drive key extraction. Don't ask me why it matters but I found if you connect the drive directly and bypass the case it works fine.

#2 sounds like a bad Wasabi. I've helped a lot of friends (about 20 so far) with their Wasabi and I'm seeing almost 100% failure rate on the phat ones after a week or so of use and zero failures so far on the slims. I would get a replacement from where you bought it.

#3 - not sure but if wouldn't be a bad idea to email their support. Most of the answers are canned in bad english but if you are persistent you may be able to get an answer from them.

There was an earlier question about whice ODE is better and I really like the Wasabi slim but the Wasabi for phat's aren't ready for prime time IMO.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
I emailed them and surprisingly , they replied

The WASABI 360 have been designed to work with ORIGINAL untouched firmware and hardware drive to properly operate. If your drive use a modified firmware please try to re-flash your drive with original stock firmware and ensure that your drive still work with original disc then install the WASABI 360. Any hardware modification or replacement drive board have not been tested so if you think that you have such kind of modification please report it and the info will be forwarded to our engineers to hopefully see a fix.

PHAT:
Please first make sure to test in pass-through mode before to see if all work properly. If it does not work we suggest to carefully check all cables connection, if still doesn't work then you probably have a faulty exchange pcb, and in this case you will need to contact your reseller for a replacement exchange pcb. NOTE: Please verify that wires connected to your "Exchange PCB" have been properly done because we noticed that an error slipped on pictures from "Wasabi 360 Ultra X360Phat Installation Guide v1.1.pdf" we can see swapped color between RED and BRN on picture. This guide have been updated to 1.2 to rectify this error. Please download the latest version and follow the color code from PCB and if you received replacement "Exchange PCB" use the new cable set that came with this last.

SLIM:
Please first make sure to test in pass-through mode before to see if all work properly. If it does not work we suggest to carefully check all cables connection twice if needed we received email from lot of customers that fixed their problem soon as they detected that something was badly connected or cable not connected at the right place. If after that you are sure that everything is well connected and the the pass-through mode does not work then either there is a problem with your cables or the Wasabi unit itself.

If all is fine in passtrough mode and your drive working properly then you need to set you wasabi 360 in "PASS-TROUGH" mode and upgrade your WASABI 360 to firmware 1.2 BETA 3 or UP to get KEY extraction featues (See readme file for compatible drive)

NOTE: This is normal that your DVD tray stay close when you try to eject in "EMULATION mode".

NOTE: Make sure that your HDD is fully formated NTFS 4kb sector size (COMPRESSION disabled.) and also ensure there is no hidden partition that may cause issue. You can check this web site to find out how to remove hidden partition:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4794818_erase-hidden-hard-drive-partition.html

NOTE: Currently wasabi 360 only support HDDs with "512 bytes sector size". Our engineers working on a solution to fix it and soon as we have more information the web site will be updated.

Make sure that you don't use enclosure that go to sleep mode to fast this may cause you the same issue. In this case please try with another eSATA enclosure.

Currently any update firmware must be done under (2tb or less) HDD, otherwise the boot code from WASABI 360 wont be able to read your update file. HDD >2TB that use the GPT (Gui Partition Table) requires "firmware 1.2 BETA 3 and up"

Please make sure that you have all .ISO files stored on the root of your external HDD for example taking "X" as drive letter.

X:\gamename.iso

NOTE: Use Google and search for ABGX tool to make sure that your ISO pass the required check.

Wasabi 360 Ultra Firmware update procedure
------------------------------------------

Wasabi 360 Ultra ships from the factory without any firmware installed. Before you may use the device for the first time, you must perform the initial firmware installation. Download the latest firmware build from the official Wasabi 360 Ultra website. Inside the archive will be a file called “wasabi-update.bin” – this file contains the firmware
update data. Place this file into the “\wasabi\” folder on your Wasabi 360 Ultra’s HDD (which will have been created in the steps above) and then install according to the following procedure:

1. Power off your Xbox 360, and power on your HDD

2. Ensure that pass-through mode is selected, by placing the mode switch in the correct position – THIS IS IMPORTANT

3. Hold down the SELECT button on the Wasabi 360 Ultra control panel. (Please verify and make sure to ear the TICK sound when you press the SELECT button.)

NOTE: If their is a persistent problem try to loosen the 2 screws under the housing to see if this help your button to operate properly.

4. While holding down the SELECT button, turn on your Xbox 360. A blue LED should start blinking on your Wasabi 360 Ultra. This indicates that the update process is underway.

DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR XBOX 360 OR OTHERWISE DISCONNECT POWER FROM WASABI 360 ULTRA UNTIL
THE UPDATE IS COMPLETE!

5. After a few moments, a green LED should turn on to indicate that the update was successful. If for any reason the update failed, a red LED will turn on instead.

6. Once the update has completed, as indicated by either a solid green or red LED, switch off your Xbox 360.

7. Select emulation mode by placing the mode switch in the correct position.

These same steps should be followed whenever you need to install a new firmware release in future.

If there is any persistent problem please try to reformat your HDD or try with another enclosure to make sure this last is not your problem. Make sure that your HDD is fully formated NTFS and there is no hidden partition that may cause issue. You can check this web site to find out how to remove hidden partition:

NOTE:
-----
Currently any update firmware must be done under (2tb or less) HDD, otherwise the WASABI 360 wont be able to read your update file.

HDD >2TB that use the GPT (Gui Partition Table) requires "firmware 1.2 beta 3 or more" to be detected.

External eSATA enclosure need to have his own power source from external power supply.

NOTE: On Wasabi 360 "PHAT version" the led lights are only active while you are under upgrade firmware procedure. The led lights are off while you are in normal operation mode.

After this verify to make sure that your procedure have been properly done.

Display Firmware information:
----------------------------------------
Turn on the Xbox 360 while holding the "UP position on wasabi left button" on the Wasabi 360
Ultra control interface until DASHBOARD appear, and then navigate to the menu system. Instead of displaying the list of ISO’s, the version information for your Wasabi 360 Ultra will be displayed. Ensure that your firmware version match the last flashed version. To leave this mode and revert back to normal operation, simply cycle power on your Xbox 360 and do not hold down any buttons upon the next power up.

If you cannot display any firmware information via VIDEO \ CURRENT DISK after this last procedure then we suspect that something is wrong. Please verify and make sure to ear the TICK sound when you press the button. and try again the last procedure to see if this help.

Note: Some customer with similar issue get it to work by holding only the outer ring of the button.

---READ CAREFULLY---

Wasabi360 is compatible with all fat or slim models for which you can obtain your drive key. You will need to have your drive key in order to use Wasabi360.

*** Automatic drive key extraction is currently only offer on Slim Liteon 16D4S drives. ***

Support for the various Xbox drives including Phat are currently **under development** (not supported yet). Unfortunately we cannot give any schedule release date.

For drive not supported yet we recommend "x360usb pro" or "maximus lizard" to extract the key both of them can do the job as well.

NOTE: Currently for "(Slim) Hitachi" and "(Slim) Lite-on 1175", the only possibly way to get the drive key is via "Rest Glitch Hack" If for some technical reason you cannot get you original drive key then the Glitch or Jtag is your only way to obtain it if your motherboard is compatible with this exploit.

("The support will not comment the procedure and/or how to do this, there is many video or guide already existing on the web please use Google.")

Now if your drive support the extraction key features follow the procedure bellow. Otherwise ensure that you have your KEY.BIN (16 bytes long HEX.) stored in \wasabi\ folder.

Automatic drive key extraction
------------------------------

Automatic drive key extraction for all Xbox Slim Liteon 16D4S drives is now supported, and support for the various Xbox Phat drives is currently under development. If you are using an Xbox Slim with Liteon 16D4S, then there is no longer any need to manually extract your drive key and place the key.bin file on your HDD. All you need to do is have Wasabi 360 Ultra extract the key from your drive once, and then the key is saved to the Wasabi's onboard storage for future use. Each subsequent time you turn on your Xbox 360, the previously saved drive key will be automatically retrieved and used to load game ISO's. The procedure for automatic key extraction is simple:

Make sure that you are in EMULATION MODE to extract the key

1) With your Xbox 360 powered off, hold down the "LEFT position on wasabi left button" on the Wasabi 360 Ultra control panel and power on your Xbox 360. Keep the button held down until you see output on your TV

2) Once the Xbox 360 has booted to the dashboard, you can navigate to the "virtual ISO" menu system as you would normally do to select games, and view the result of the key extraction operation.

3) If the operation was successful (which should always be the case) then you should power off your Xbox 360. Your drive key is now saved to Wasabi 360 Ultra's onboard storage. Power the Xbox 360 back on to enjoy your game ISOs

NOTE: If you cannot display information concerning key extract via VIDEO \ CURRENT DISK after this last procedure then again we suspect that something is wrong. Please verify and make sure to ear the TICK sound while you press and hold the LEFT position on wasabi left button. and try again the last procedure to see if this help.

When you try to extract the key and it fail, it will give a printout of the drive info via VIDEO \ CURRENT DISK. In this case verify if your drive is compatible for key extraction feature with the current firmware.

For my own testing , i bought 3 for slim and 1 for fat . The one for FAT broke after 1 hour of usage , i have only 1 out of 3 working for slim ( one broke during usage and the other didn't work from the start ) . The ESATA port is connected in fact to an inner SATA port with no power supply , so you'll need an externally powered HDD . USB HDD will not work , only SATA and ESATA ( i bought an ESATA to USB adapter and HDD is not recognised )

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I emailed them and surprisingly , they replied

The WASABI 360 have been designed to work with ORIGINAL untouched firmware and hardware drive to properly operate. If your drive use a modified firmware please try to re-flash your drive with original stock firmware and ensure that your drive still work with original disc then install the WASABI 360. Any hardware modification or replacement drive board have not been tested so if you think that you have such kind of modification please report it and the info will be forwarded to our engineers to hopefully see a fix.

PHAT:
Please first make sure to test in pass-through mode before to see if all work properly. If it does not work we suggest to carefully check all cables connection, if still doesn't work then you probably have a faulty exchange pcb, and in this case you will need to contact your reseller for a replacement exchange pcb. NOTE: Please verify that wires connected to your "Exchange PCB" have been properly done because we noticed that an error slipped on pictures from "Wasabi 360 Ultra X360Phat Installation Guide v1.1.pdf" we can see swapped color between RED and BRN on picture. This guide have been updated to 1.2 to rectify this error. Please download the latest version and follow the color code from PCB and if you received replacement "Exchange PCB" use the new cable set that came with this last.

SLIM:
Please first make sure to test in pass-through mode before to see if all work properly. If it does not work we suggest to carefully check all cables connection twice if needed we received email from lot of customers that fixed their problem soon as they detected that something was badly connected or cable not connected at the right place. If after that you are sure that everything is well connected and the the pass-through mode does not work then either there is a problem with your cables or the Wasabi unit itself.

If all is fine in passtrough mode and your drive working properly then you need to set you wasabi 360 in "PASS-TROUGH" mode and upgrade your WASABI 360 to firmware 1.2 BETA 3 or UP to get KEY extraction featues (See readme file for compatible drive)

NOTE: This is normal that your DVD tray stay close when you try to eject in "EMULATION mode".

NOTE: Make sure that your HDD is fully formated NTFS 4kb sector size (COMPRESSION disabled.) and also ensure there is no hidden partition that may cause issue. You can check this web site to find out how to remove hidden partition:

NOTE: Currently wasabi 360 only support HDDs with "512 bytes sector size". Our engineers working on a solution to fix it and soon as we have more information the web site will be updated.

Make sure that you don't use enclosure that go to sleep mode to fast this may cause you the same issue. In this case please try with another eSATA enclosure.

Currently any update firmware must be done under (2tb or less) HDD, otherwise the boot code from WASABI 360 wont be able to read your update file. HDD >2TB that use the GPT (Gui Partition Table) requires "firmware 1.2 BETA 3 and up"

Please make sure that you have all .ISO files stored on the root of your external HDD for example taking "X" as drive letter.

X:\gamename.iso

NOTE: Use Google and search for ABGX tool to make sure that your ISO pass the required check.

Wasabi 360 Ultra Firmware update procedure
------------------------------------------

Wasabi 360 Ultra ships from the factory without any firmware installed. Before you may use the device for the first time, you must perform the initial firmware installation. Download the latest firmware build from the official Wasabi 360 Ultra website. Inside the archive will be a file called “wasabi-update.bin” – this file contains the firmware
update data. Place this file into the “\wasabi\” folder on your Wasabi 360 Ultra’s HDD (which will have been created in the steps above) and then install according to the following procedure:

1. Power off your Xbox 360, and power on your HDD

2. Ensure that pass-through mode is selected, by placing the mode switch in the correct position – THIS IS IMPORTANT

3. Hold down the SELECT button on the Wasabi 360 Ultra control panel. (Please verify and make sure to ear the TICK sound when you press the SELECT button.)

NOTE: If their is a persistent problem try to loosen the 2 screws under the housing to see if this help your button to operate properly.

4. While holding down the SELECT button, turn on your Xbox 360. A blue LED should start blinking on your Wasabi 360 Ultra. This indicates that the update process is underway.

DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR XBOX 360 OR OTHERWISE DISCONNECT POWER FROM WASABI 360 ULTRA UNTIL
THE UPDATE IS COMPLETE!

5. After a few moments, a green LED should turn on to indicate that the update was successful. If for any reason the update failed, a red LED will turn on instead.

6. Once the update has completed, as indicated by either a solid green or red LED, switch off your Xbox 360.

7. Select emulation mode by placing the mode switch in the correct position.

These same steps should be followed whenever you need to install a new firmware release in future.

If there is any persistent problem please try to reformat your HDD or try with another enclosure to make sure this last is not your problem. Make sure that your HDD is fully formated NTFS and there is no hidden partition that may cause issue. You can check this web site to find out how to remove hidden partition:

NOTE:
-----
Currently any update firmware must be done under (2tb or less) HDD, otherwise the WASABI 360 wont be able to read your update file.

HDD >2TB that use the GPT (Gui Partition Table) requires "firmware 1.2 beta 3 or more" to be detected.

External eSATA enclosure need to have his own power source from external power supply.

NOTE: On Wasabi 360 "PHAT version" the led lights are only active while you are under upgrade firmware procedure. The led lights are off while you are in normal operation mode.

After this verify to make sure that your procedure have been properly done.

Display Firmware information:
----------------------------------------
Turn on the Xbox 360 while holding the "UP position on wasabi left button" on the Wasabi 360
Ultra control interface until DASHBOARD appear, and then navigate to the menu system. Instead of displaying the list of ISO’s, the version information for your Wasabi 360 Ultra will be displayed. Ensure that your firmware version match the last flashed version. To leave this mode and revert back to normal operation, simply cycle power on your Xbox 360 and do not hold down any buttons upon the next power up.

If you cannot display any firmware information via VIDEO \ CURRENT DISK after this last procedure then we suspect that something is wrong. Please verify and make sure to ear the TICK sound when you press the button. and try again the last procedure to see if this help.

Note: Some customer with similar issue get it to work by holding only the outer ring of the button.

---READ CAREFULLY---

Wasabi360 is compatible with all fat or slim models for which you can obtain your drive key. You will need to have your drive key in order to use Wasabi360.

*** Automatic drive key extraction is currently only offer on Slim Liteon 16D4S drives. ***

Support for the various Xbox drives including Phat are currently **under development** (not supported yet). Unfortunately we cannot give any schedule release date.

For drive not supported yet we recommend "x360usb pro" or "maximus lizard" to extract the key both of them can do the job as well.

NOTE: Currently for "(Slim) Hitachi" and "(Slim) Lite-on 1175", the only possibly way to get the drive key is via "Rest Glitch Hack" If for some technical reason you cannot get you original drive key then the Glitch or Jtag is your only way to obtain it if your motherboard is compatible with this exploit.

("The support will not comment the procedure and/or how to do this, there is many video or guide already existing on the web please use Google.")

Now if your drive support the extraction key features follow the procedure bellow. Otherwise ensure that you have your KEY.BIN (16 bytes long HEX.) stored in \wasabi\ folder.

Automatic drive key extraction
------------------------------

Automatic drive key extraction for all Xbox Slim Liteon 16D4S drives is now supported, and support for the various Xbox Phat drives is currently under development. If you are using an Xbox Slim with Liteon 16D4S, then there is no longer any need to manually extract your drive key and place the key.bin file on your HDD. All you need to do is have Wasabi 360 Ultra extract the key from your drive once, and then the key is saved to the Wasabi's onboard storage for future use. Each subsequent time you turn on your Xbox 360, the previously saved drive key will be automatically retrieved and used to load game ISO's. The procedure for automatic key extraction is simple:

Make sure that you are in EMULATION MODE to extract the key

1) With your Xbox 360 powered off, hold down the "LEFT position on wasabi left button" on the Wasabi 360 Ultra control panel and power on your Xbox 360. Keep the button held down until you see output on your TV

2) Once the Xbox 360 has booted to the dashboard, you can navigate to the "virtual ISO" menu system as you would normally do to select games, and view the result of the key extraction operation.

3) If the operation was successful (which should always be the case) then you should power off your Xbox 360. Your drive key is now saved to Wasabi 360 Ultra's onboard storage. Power the Xbox 360 back on to enjoy your game ISOs

NOTE: If you cannot display information concerning key extract via VIDEO \ CURRENT DISK after this last procedure then again we suspect that something is wrong. Please verify and make sure to ear the TICK sound while you press and hold the LEFT position on wasabi left button. and try again the last procedure to see if this help.

When you try to extract the key and it fail, it will give a printout of the drive info via VIDEO \ CURRENT DISK. In this case verify if your drive is compatible for key extraction feature with the current firmware.

For my own testing , i bought 3 for slim and 1 for fat . The one for FAT broke after 1 hour of usage , i have only 1 out of 3 working for slim ( one broke during usage and the other didn't work from the start ) . The ESATA port is connected in fact to an inner SATA port with no power supply , so you'll need an externally powered HDD . USB HDD will not work , only SATA and ESATA ( i bought an ESATA to USB adapter and HDD is not recognised )
When extracting the drive key are you holding down the left button while it starts up? The left button and specifically the leftmost portion of the left button has to be held down until you get the Xbox splash screen.

I've had better luck with the slims but almost all of the phat units I have gotten from them went bad within a week, some as quick as the first day.

I have 9 Wasabi phat's that are dead now and the distributor China Distrib says NOBODY ELSE HAS HAD PROBLEMS with the phat ones. I knew they were full of siht but thanks for verifying.

Looks like the phat have some sort of manufacturing defect since so many of them fail.

I would stay away from them.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
BostonBC , they refused to RMA 9 pcs ? You should email Wasabi support about this
I emailed them now asking about a fix for the faulty ones ( maybe a firmware update from them or a hardware mod we can do ) , i also asked them if Wasabi Fat will work on slim and viceversa ( with the proper cables )

The FAT one that broke has the following simptoms : in emulation mode , the Xbox logo stays on the screen for about 4 minutes before it boots into the dashboard . In the dashboard , there isn't any Mixed Media Disc icon as it's supposed to be . It broke during the gameplay of Batman AC, maybe the malfunction has something to do with running XGD3 games and their supplied AP25.BIN ?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BostonBC , they refused to RMA 9 pcs ? You should email Wasabi support about this
I emailed them now asking about a fix for the faulty ones ( maybe a firmware update from them or a hardware mod we can do ) , i also asked them if Wasabi Fat will work on slim and viceversa ( with the proper cables )

The FAT one that broke has the following simptoms : in emulation mode , the Xbox logo stays on the screen for about 4 minutes before it boots into the dashboard . In the dashboard , there isn't any Mixed Media Disc icon as it's supposed to be . It broke during the gameplay of Batman AC, maybe the malfunction has something to do with running XGD3 games and their supplied AP25.BIN ?
The distributor I buy from 'apparently' has nothing to do with Wasabi support (according to them). They just sent me 1 replacement for the 9 that are junk. Waiting for them to get back the 9 I sent them back.

In the past when I asked support questions about non-working components to support they said I had to go back to the vendor I bought it from.

Plus Wasabi support hasn't replied back to me in over 4 weeks. I've asked them repeated questions about the phat problems I've had and they haven't said a word back. I've asked them about support for 3TB drives and other drives that are not formatted with 512 byte sectors since they don't work with the current Wasabi firmware. They didn't reply.

I ended up having to ask another vendor about it and they let me know that the Wasabi and X3key don't support non-512 byte sector drives because of the version of embedded Linux they use don't support it.

All in all Wasabi support has underwhelmed me to the point where I don't even bother to ask them questions anymore since I get either canned responses back or silence.

The Wasabi slim is nice but the phats are junk (IMO) and their support needs a lot of help :(

Not sure if Wasabi support monitors any of these forums but if you do - please answer your emails. Even a message saying you don't know or are looking at it is a lot better than silence.

tarryl66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope you all can help me. I have a wasabi360 for slim and can't seem to update the firmware as I have a 2tb esata drive. Any suggestions? I've received the same canned messages from support as you have...I'm ordering an enclosure for a spare drive I have but would love to find a workaround for the flashing red and white!

Thanks in advance.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Are you trying to update to the firmware v1.3 BETA 2? If you open up the screws of Wasabi you'll find a standard SATA connector in there, with a SATA to ESATA adapter. Remove the adapter and try to directly connect a SATA HDD.
If you don't succeed, look to borrow an ESATA enclosure from someone to do the update then test the 2TB again .

@BostonBC try to install the new firmware on your faulty units, I almost got the FAT one working with this update, maybe you'll have more luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative