Hacking Question Was libnx updated to 5.0.X?

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. libnx has this release: https://github.com/switchbrew/libnx/releases/tag/v1.2.1
I was wondering if this means that libnx now works on 5.0.X because of the text at the bottom:
"Fixed JIT support on 5.0.0+ by falling back on JitType_CodeMemory."
It's a pretty nooby question and I'm by no means a dev, but I'm curious.
its worked on 5.0.0 for a while I think... I've been using it for the past week.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? So, I'm guessing that things that don't work (such as most emulators) just need to be updated with a newer version of libnx?
maybe, i don't know much about the homebrew state as it is now, i'm just sayin that i've been using libnx.

Cheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be wrong but i believe i read that libtransistor now works with 5.0.x. (not too sure as ive never used it). As far as libnx ive been using it to compile my homebrew and running it on 5.0.2 perfectly fine.

Reactions: EclipseSin

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wait, so if I compile an emulator that doesn't work on 5.0.0 or 4.0.0 with the new version of libtransistor will it suddenly work or will I have to update the actual emulator?
People have been successfully compiling existing emulators with the new version of libtransistor, and getting them to work on 5.x (see other threads in this forum) - it hasn't been fixed for 4.x yet tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat