1. Hyoretsu

OP Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Brazil
    So, I'm gonna have to hack another 3DS of mine and I went to install NTRBoot on it using my already cfw'd N3DS. I think this was the first time I've removed the flashcard after updating, but now it doesn't show up at all on home menu. I even tried 3 different cards, putting it back in again and again, formatting and downloading a fresh copy of the kernel. Yes, the microSD's formatted as fat32. (If it's got something to do with it I first tried to install NTRBoot on it, then it kept saying "Your flashcart is not supported")

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    nintendo long stopped caring about blacklisting flastcarts. that isnt something new.

3. Hyoretsu

Brazil
    And I do know that, but how come 3 different Acekard 2i's aren't working on my cfw'd N3DS? The one I tried first was working just fine (As in, last week)

4. Tom-B

Tom-B Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    It could be a microsd issue. Have you tried a different SD card? If you're using the same microsd in all 3 flashcarts, it might be that they can't read them.

You can also try NTR Loader which will launch any slot 1 flashcart. I just tried and it works fine with my Acekard 2i. I'm not sure what the pros/cons are of using it over just launching it in 3ds mode.

5. aadz93

aadz93 GBAtemp Аdministrator

Korea, North
    Have you tested the acekard in an original Ds(I), try booting the acekard with twilight menu, if it's a black list issue that should let it boot, I use my original EdgeDS that way on my n3ds (which 3ds never supported From day 1)

Last edited by aadz93, Oct 5, 2019
  6. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware
    Developer

Micronesia, Federated States of
    peteruk likes this.
  7. Hyoretsu

Brazil
    "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off"
    I tried using slot-1 loader, but it just gave a "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off" error. It also showed that when I removed the microSD from it, and the flashcard altogether.
    I also tried all 3 solutions on that, but none worked even after a few tries. I did try a R4i Gold PRO, but I had to try a lot of times in-between ones I could get it to work.

8. rof1

rof1 Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Just tried AceKard 2.1 on newly CFW’d O3DS, still works after update to 11.11.0

9. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    They are going to work regardless of what firmware its on when your console is CFW'ed. cfw whitelists the cards so they work. Its only when your on stock firmware do you need to worry of what carts are blacklisted.

10. rof1

rof1 Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    ^ Are you sure that this is true? I CFW’d my O3DS from the last FW that would work with AceKard, 4.3.0, and I thought that the compatibility was preserved by the fact that it worked before CFW+upgrade.

-r

11. aadz93

aadz93 GBAtemp Аdministrator

Korea, North
    Cfw doesn't unblock or change whether a flashcard is blocked via a system update, you can use cfw to install an older whitelist that the card previously worked on but was, blocked by a newer system update

The whitelist tells what cards to block, based on verification, anything not on the whitelist is not allowed to boot, flashcards act differently than normal ds cards, which is easier to detect

A blacklist would have to include every single flash card made and updates for those cards, it's simpler than whitelisting but also may need more resources

Last edited by aadz93, Oct 8, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Acekard, Blocked,