WarZ Is A Scam

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ they won't black list you, they will just tell you that you can get a refund, but then send you through the clowns that run the game who will refuse to refund you and say whatever the Xsolla people said doesn't apply. Still now trying to get a refund, and I plan on bothering them until I do.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ they won't black list you, they will just tell you that you can get a refund, but then send you through the clowns that run the game who will refuse to refund you and say whatever the Xsolla people said doesn't apply. Still now trying to get a refund, and I plan on bothering them until I do.
This is good to know. If they refuse my refund, I might have to go to Paypal and file a chargeback there if it's still possible.

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though their business practices are... debatable, why would anyone think a pay-to-play beta would be a good sign in the first place?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though their business practices are... debatable, why would anyone think a pay-to-play beta would be a good sign in the first place?

Clearly you never used windows vista... oh wait.

"hey plan to HALT DEVELOPMENT AND ABANDON THE GAME in SIX months if revenue is not enough for them".... cut your losses if costs outweigh benefits.... that is some truly despicable behaviour.

As the post mentions, it's not a matter of running the game - they supposedly have more than enough cash to keep it running for a year or so. The issue isn't over making enough to keep it all going, it's about cutting and running if they can't keep boosting their paychecks. The industry may be a business, but blatantly trying to squeeze all the cash you can at the expense of your player base is bad nonetheless.

I was merely attempting to play Devil's advocate in a situation very unfavourable to it. Returning to it enough cash still does mean you run it into the ground- if it is composed of investors (be it venture capital or angel), loaned or otherwise funds one can not afford to simply watch drain (say it is contingent upon your business rather than a given project) then it could be wise to cut losses and move to the next project (although after this a few name changes and more would probably be advisable). On boosting paychecks, again I have no idea as to the actual situation behind closed doors but I have been involved in a handful of early stage ventures and those ultimately responsible have often taken a very small wage at first so as not to drain their funds (also had others take shares in lieu of full wages) with a very clear cut wage progression and necessary milestones/timelines for profit generation (or to allow for further rounds of investment).
I am certainly not suggesting anybody go in for this game and I am certainly going to put forth any funds to get it (despite not even knowing what it looks/plays like) and would probably not even give them the benefit of the doubt if they came to someone I work with for investment, but I still had to try to inject another line of reason.

Reactions: Gahars

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny how I convinced all my friends to get DayZ and refused to get WarZ when it came out because I already had DayZ. Long story short, they all have WarZ as well now and by the looks of it, I made the right call.

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearly you never used windows vista... oh wait.
I feel like this was supposed to be a clever comeback to my statement, but I'm not sure I understand the implication. Vista was certainly a catastrophic failure (though a few people will deny that) but it was marketed as a finished product whereas here, they're blatantly telling their customers that what they're paying for is a beta that will (supposedly) eventually become a finished product. I have used vista before, as I think you were implying, but that was because I needed a laptop and that's what the model I purchased shipped with at the time. It's not as easy to come by the parts to build a laptop as it is with a desktop, sadly. Did I interpret your remark correctly?

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DevinH (the mod in the screenshot on first post) says this:

"CALL, do not EMAIL, CALL PayPal and tell them you want to file a CLAIM against xSolla inc for "Producted signficantly not described" and "Producted not delivered" -- Say you paid for the full game however its only in alpha so you have not received the product you paid for, and that the alpha is nothing like described."

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FzE5u.png

de reddit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/ICjgg5eEFSw?si=qyxHdElodJEeR3aS