Hacking Warning for CFW service

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I think its perfectly ok to charge for softmodding a console, as long as you dont sell the software, but instead charge for your labour costs. There are plenty of businesses that offer modding services, its up to the clueless idiots that are willing to pay for these services, instead of doing it themselves for free

Reactions: Vappy

TheHaxForU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't charge for free softmods, please. The kind of people who need a service like this are the same people who will have no fucking clue what to do with their new mod, as if they did, they wouldn't need any service :/
Totally agree. I was doing the same thing and I kept getting people texting me back saying they broke it -.- just not worth the trouble

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put up a craigslist ad today to install CFW for people, and they pay me a small fee ($30). Then I got this in email.

"May I ask politely that you remove your ad from craigslist regarding an illegal service to be performed on a Nintendo product. As of right now I have notated your phone number in case your services does appear again. And I will be reporting your phone number to the Nintendo piracy department as well as the local police if your ad continues to be advertised."

If I really did something wrong, I will delete the ad. Is it real? or Is it like some people here going around telling ppl not to use .cia and stuff and scare them with fake consequences?
I really don't want but I would like to know.
Something similar happened to me back in the day when I was advertising my Jtag and RGH services for the Xbox 360, just ignore it. Nothing ever happened to me

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
At least my boss charges alot for softmods and i get paid to do it :) mess with others hardware with freeware stuff to tune it up and hack it to perform better etc.... :), we even install extra hardware for better performance and also charge for that.
Mostly the hardware is also used for illegal copies of stuff (not by us but by the end user), the user also pays alot of money to access free information!

I'm talking about a computer ;) and the yes we pay alot to have slow internet access!

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put up a craigslist ad today to install CFW for people, and they pay me a small fee ($30). Then I got this in email.

"May I ask politely that you remove your ad from craigslist regarding an illegal service to be performed on a Nintendo product. As of right now I have notated your phone number in case your services does appear again. And I will be reporting your phone number to the Nintendo piracy department as well as the local police if your ad continues to be advertised."

If I really did something wrong, I will delete the ad. Is it real? or Is it like some people here going around telling ppl not to use .cia and stuff and scare them with fake consequences?
I really don't want but I would like to know.

Some other guy is offering similar services and he wants you out. Keep your service going and send him a message to go fuck himself.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charging to softmod anything is weak and lame.
this right here. Here's the thing, and I've already said my piece, so I guess I'll say another way. Everyone should be able to softmod themselves, it's not overly technical or even difficult. So in that respect it's lame. But if someone can't figure it out themselves, or would just rather someone more experienced do it for them, then have at it. I can mow my lawn myself, perfectly capable. But it takes time and it's easier to pay someone...

cultopi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this right here. Here's the thing, and I've already said my piece, so I guess I'll say another way. Everyone should be able to softmod themselves, it's not overly technical or even difficult. So in that respect it's lame. But if someone can't figure it out themselves, or would just rather someone more experienced do it for them, then have at it. I can mow my lawn myself, perfectly capable. But it takes time and it's easier to pay someone...
I shared a link with password here so some people with more experience could edit it to make it better and more inconspicuous. Did you edit it or someone else did?
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/vgm/5225660854.html

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Perfect! Except for the end, and the beginning, and the bit in between them.

I know, right? What a moron. It's gbatemp.net
That link has a password already, someone else edited it

Last edited by cultopi,
Reactions: Zidapi

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I shared a link with password here so some people with more experience could edit it to make it better and more conspicuous. Did you edit it or someone else did?
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/vgm/5225660854.html

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That link has a password already, someone else edited it

but...err thats not a good idea to let random people edit your listing, it now says you suck willy
How did they break it?
update to the latest FW

Reactions: Margen67 and Zidapi

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but...err thats not a good idea to let random people edit your listing, it now says you suck willy

update to the latest FW

I thought he would tell them not to do that,I was more interested in finding out what he did when the people complained did he end up refunding them?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I thought he would tell them not to do that,I was more interested in finding out what he did when the people complained did he end up refunding them?
yeah people are always told not to update.....most of the time they don't listen
how it usually goes
"DO NOT UPDATE, DO NOT UPDATE, DO NOT UPDATTTTTEEEEEE!!!!!"
2 hours later
"well the thing is, i turned on my 3DS and it had automatically updated"
.....stfu dont BS me, ones 3DS does not simply "update itself while its off"
....oh well yeah there was thins thing that said something about update, so i just picked ok......i didnt know that thing called a update was an update

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Sorry man, I don't wanna be an assho*e but is not illegal sell the modify or install the modify on the hardware?
Like I sell patches...it's against the laws.
In fact, if I apply some patches or modify the hardware with my hands, I can do wheanever I want because it's my object I own it...
It's against the laws to download pirated games when you don't have the original but it's not illegal run own code on own console....

I think so but if I am wrong please don't be rude...tell me what is right

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why do you pay for a house when you can make one yourself for free?(besides land and materials)
and planning permission and laws that stop people just making their own house unless they are certified builders......not so easy in most countries XD

the mowing your own lawn analogy was better....but seeing as the buyer end up having to do the work themselves anyway, its like selling a ebook on how to mow your own lawn

Reactions: Zidapi

cultopi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone keep editing the post, and I went to delete it. I think the same guy undeleted it again. I think he hates someone in here and keep putting that name there..............
regret now to share a passworded link.......anyone knows how to shred it ?

Attachments

• craigslist.jpg
    craigslist.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited by cultopi,

loco365

Trophies
XP
I mean, you can unlock it for homebrew purposes, which technically isn't illegal, although it sits in that massive grey area in copyright law. However, as has been iterated many times, charging for a softmod isn't the best of ideas, but if you really do want to, you should remember that people paying for this service don't realize how fragile it is - that is, updating can and will break CFWs.

@cultopi Request a deletion, that should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16