Hacking Warning for CFW service

cultopi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put up a craigslist ad today to install CFW for people, and they pay me a small fee ($30). Then I got this in email.

"May I ask politely that you remove your ad from craigslist regarding an illegal service to be performed on a Nintendo product. As of right now I have notated your phone number in case your services does appear again. And I will be reporting your phone number to the Nintendo piracy department as well as the local police if your ad continues to be advertised."

If I really did something wrong, I will delete the ad. Is it real? or Is it like some people here going around telling ppl not to use .cia and stuff and scare them with fake consequences?
I really don't want but I would like to know.

Dk_N64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put up a craigslist ad today to install CFW for people, and they pay me a small fee ($30). Then I got this in email.

"May I ask politely that you remove your ad from craigslist regarding an illegal service to be performed on a Nintendo product. As of right now I have notated your phone number in case your services does appear again. And I will be reporting your phone number to the Nintendo piracy department as well as the local police if your ad continues to be advertised."

If I really did something wrong, I will delete the ad. Is it real? or Is it like some people here going around telling ppl not to use .cia and stuff and scare them with fake consequences?
I really don't want but I would like to know.
sounds to me like some anti-piracy asshole tbh, your technically not doing anything illegal so i would ignore it if it were me.

Dk_N64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't charge for free softmods, please. The kind of people who need a service like this are the same people who will have no fucking clue what to do with their new mod, as if they did, they wouldn't need any service anyway.
still a great way to make a quick buck tho ;)

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would check there's no laws about modifying a console in your state/country and if there isn't tell him to bugger off

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically it probably isn't illegal depending on how you offer the services. It depends what words you use to advertise the services, and how inconspicuous you make it.

Sadly due to the broken DMCA laws, it's still for you to get in trouble. But there aren't many cases of people getting in trouble, just some occasional ones here and there designed to scare people.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know the op is not the one who made the hax, but remember geohot who had to pay $1000 a fee for each unique ip that accessed the knowledge of how to hack a ps3 from his blog

long story short no matter what people tell you here in the USA it all depends on weather the judge feels that the device in question (3ds) is on par with a computer and therefore should not be locked down to a single os. but if i remember correctly like in geo's case the small time hacker cant win vs. the corp.

"before the flaming starts yes im saying android and ios are on par with low end pc's"
edit: yup he beat apple with the help of a shit-ton of donations to pay legal fees

Last edited by wormdood,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
depends, if your also including copywritten stuff i.e "i will install CFW with a disk of 500 r0mz"....but tbh most cfw's require a copy of native_firm to be included, which is where you would basically be forced to break copyright laws to get them set up correctly even if you dont include any actual games

Reactions: Zidapi

cultopi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS Softmod info

If your N3DS has a firmware between 8.1 and 9.2 and want a CFW, I offer free info and complete instructions. You may borrow tool if you don't have them. This is completely legal because you paid for your console and you can do whatever you like to your console.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about the above??

Marcsoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally would reply to the guy with something like "Please reread the DMCA and get back to me with what part I'm in violation of, and I'll get back to you with how full of shit you are."

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your N3DS has a firmware between 8.1 and 9.2 and want a CFW, I offer free info and complete instructions. You may borrow tool if you don't have them. This is completely legal because you paid for your console and you can do whatever you like to your console.

How about the above??
Perfect! Except for the end, and the beginning, and the bit in between them.
wow that last part of the ad though...
I know, right? What a moron. It's gbatemp.net

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs