Gaming Wario Land Shake Help with translation?

beano311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, there are four things I don't get so far, I was hoping someone who could read Japanese could help.
First thing is, on each level you get a star (the challenges) for escaping in under 2 minutes, collecting over 20,000 coins, and something else. Does anyone know what that third one is? It's the one with the picture of the enemy and something about 3 (it's the only character that's not Japanese in the description).
Second thing is, on the second level that same challenge requirement is different. I think that one has a picture of a bomb. Does anyone know what that one says?
Third, in the levels, there is a box that glows blue and when you break it, it says something in a yellow/orange textbox, then it turns into a circle that has the same sort of glowing swirly effect. Does anyone know what that is for (I don't think it's a check point or anything).
Finally... What is the reason behind the demon things in the cages that you have to free, why is Wario disappointed when they come out (is he expecting treasure?), and why do you have only 2 minutes or so to end the level after you get one?
Thanks to anyone that can answer these.

beano311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got answers to these questions (thanks to MylesVZ on GameFAQs). I hope this helps someone:
"Blue circles are respawn points, so if you die or choose to retry (3rd option in he pause menù) you restart from the blue circle with all the money and the items taken to that point.
I didn't understand in which world you are but:
- The icon with the bomb means you have to blow up all the exploding platforms in the stage.
- The "3" next to the picture of an enemy means you have to jump (without stomping) on 3 of them in a row.

Other challenges further in the game are to eat X number of garlic items, kill the golden enemy (only one in the stage), do not touch water, do not lose a heart, do not be bitten by the piranhas, do not collect silver coins (I'm not sure about it)."

mtsuboi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm still at the world 3, so here the mission translation so far

Pirate Ship
- Defeat the gold enemy
- Get 10.000 coins
- Jump over a bandana guy

- Finish with more than 2 minutes left
- Get 25.000 coins
- Jump on 3 bandana guys in a row

- Finish with more than 1:50 minutes left
- Get 30.000 coins
- Explode all bomb blocks

- Finish with more than 1:45 minutes left
- No damage
- Get 30.000 coins
- Don't fall in the water

- Finish with more than 2:00 minutes left
- No damage
- Get 36.000 coins
- Don't let the wagon break

- Finish with more than 2:00 minutes left
- No damage
- Get 42.000 coins

- Get 35.000 coins
- Get 10 silver coins ($50 each) in a row
- Don't let the submarine break

- Finish with more than 1:35 minutes left
- Get 36.000 coins
- Defeat the gold enemy
- Explode all bomb blocks

- Finish with more than 2:40 minutes left
- No damage
- Get 46.000 coins
- Defeat the gold enemy
- Break all breakable blocks

- Finish with more than 1:55 minutes left
- No damage
- Get 50.000 coins

If you want I'll try to update this missions objectives.

Sorrty for my bad spelling/grammar

beano311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's really great mtsuboi, thanks.
mtsuboi said:
If you want I'll try to update this missions objectives.
That would be great, too
smile.gif

QUOTE(mtsuboi @ Aug 3 2008, 10:11 PM) Sorrty for my bad spelling/grammar
Spelling and grammar were fine
smile.gif

Have you found any secret levels yet?
Here's two I found on GameFAQs:
World 1, Stage 2
The 2nd cannon you come to, you can either shoot yourself straight up to get a large money bag, or shoot yourself diagonally through blocks to get to the door. Shoot yourself diagonal, but walk away from the door to the wall. Do a waggle smash and a map will appear, grab the map and you'll unlock a secret stage.

World 1, Stage 3
In the screen where you have to do a super butt smash (it's the one previous to where the cage is with the trapped spirit). On the far east side there's a signal (an arrow pointing up-left). Do a shake smash and take the second secret map.

If I find anymore, I'll try to post in this thread here.

beano311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the English language files exist on the disc, which I don't believe they do on this game. And, AFAIK, you don't get translations with Gecko, only region free booting of discs. For translations I think you can try Wii Game Language Patcher, but that will work, again, only if the game actually has other language files available on the disc.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
beano311 said:
If the English language files exist on the disc, which I don't believe they do on this game. And, AFAIK, you don't get translations with Gecko, only region free booting of discs. For translations I think you can try Wii Game Language Patcher, but that will work, again, only if the game actually has other language files available on the disc.
In a Japanese version I saw that it said 'SHAKE!' at the top, but it might say that in a Japanese disc anyway.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The english files are on the disc. I can confirm this.

Anyways, Wario is not mad when he opens the cages, he does a short victory/strength-showing pose. Like, if you were lifting weights and you just broke your record, you would get up and flex and be like "Arrrg YEAH.". It's exactly like that.

beano311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
I just can't get that 3 in a row jump on enemies right. How do you do it?
Hold jump while you land on their heads and you'll automatically bounce off... for a while I thought you had to time it so that you pressed A right when you hit their head.
If you're having trouble finding three enemies in a row, remember you can pick them up and drop them so there's three together. Also just to clarify, it's three different enemies, not three in a row on one.
Hope that helps.

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just ran the ISO through wii language patcher, patching it to english and ntsc-u. No dice, game language did not change. I'm thinking english language files are not on the disc.

Sonicandtails, how did you confirm that english files exist?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes::angry: I Love Pianos 😡