Homebrew want to know how to system transfer EVERYTHING from one hacked n3dsxl to another

weegee437

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanna change 3ds. another new xl one. i have go transfer everything, from games, to game saves, heck even maybe my nnid. i'm using a single 128gb sd card, is this possible in any case?

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna change 3ds. another new xl one. i have go transfer everything, from games, to game saves, heck even maybe my nnid. i'm using a single 128gb sd card, is this possible in any case?
Hello and welcome to GBATemp! :toot:
Depends on if you have cfw installed or not(on both systems), you might not need to do a system transfer if you do..

weegee437

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If both systems are cfw'ed, you can dump your games & back up your saves on your old system and install/ restore them on your new system, without the need of doing a system transfer.
huh. didnt think about that
ill consider it... but it might be long to install 200+ games of 300mb and over

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System transfer won't be fast either. Btw, you also have the option to install games with custom-install on pc instead of on the 3ds, i recommend using because it's much faster.
System Transfer would not copy game contents over, you just put the SD card in the new console and already installed games will work. If they want to transfer things like NNID then a proper transfer is needed and recommended.

You should set up custom firmware on the new console first and then: https://wiki.hacks.guide/wiki/3DS:System_Transfer/Target_has_CFW

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System Transfer would not copy game contents over, you just put the SD card in the new console and already installed games will work.
I thought the Nintendo 3ds folders are unique to the system, or is that somehow an exception to the rule (after transferring nnid, profile data etc.) ?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the Nintendo 3ds folders are unique to the system, or is that somehow an exception to the rule (after transferring nnid, profile data etc.) ?
In practice it is, but it's actually based on the movable.sed. A System Transfer will move it over, so it will be used as-is on the target console.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In practice it is, but it's actually based on the movable.sed. A System Transfer will move it over, so it will be used as-is on the target console.
Yes i know that. if you still have to do a system transfer then it isn't as simple as "putting the sd card in the sd card in the target system and installed games will work" as you said in your previous comment.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i know that. if you still have to do a system transfer then it isn't as simple as "putting the sd card in the sd card in the target system and installed games will work" as you said in your previous comment.
It is once you do the system transfer, which I guess I didn't make clear in my original post.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same