Hacking Want to install Adrenaline but NO PSN? No Problem...... Sort of

yeeeeeeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Incorrect. I replaced the files and pointed a bubble to it. It did not launch unless i was in idu mode. Don't spread false information. I tested it myself. Hence why i bothered writing my steps at all.

I'm not trying to spread false information, I don't see why I would want to do that, I was just trying to help and I thank you for spending the time to write and test all of that stuff. That beign said I have a package installer on my vita installed from those same files and I can use it without entering IDU mode, I installed it long ago though so there might have been some other steps to do, but I've never even entered IDU mode once.

Reactions: guisadop

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to spread false information, I don't see why I would want to do that, I was just trying to help and I thank you for spending the time to write and test all of that stuff. That beign said I have a package installer on my vita installed from those same files and I can use it without entering IDU mode, I installed it long ago though so there might have been some other steps to do, but I've never even entered IDU mode once.
Ok well the only other step was to use vitarw which isnt necessary anymore as all that did was enable access to folders on an older molecule that were hidden. Vitashell nulls that requirement. Also the idu guide also says to enter idu mode with the same files. Tells me he didnt get it to work either outside of idu mode. Anyways its not particularly dangerous other than it trying to update. Just keep your device disconnected unless otherwise stated and you should be fine.

yeeeeeeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok well the only other step was to use vitarw which isnt necessary anymore as all that did was enable access to folders on an older molecule that were hidden. Vitashell nulls that requirement. Also the idu guide also says to enter idu mode with the same files. Tells me he didnt get it to work either outside of idu mode. Anyways its not particularly dangerous other than it trying to update. Just keep your device disconnected unless otherwise stated and you should be fine.

Thanks, well I'll try all of this out after work, actually I already have Adrenaline installed but I'm interested in what yifan_lu wrote earlier in this thread. I'll see if I can figure out why my package installer works, I don't really remember as it's been there for months now and the information about all of these things is spread around countless posts here on wololo and reddit...

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess Im gonna give up on adreline for the time being.. to much hassle for me. I should have downloaded a psp demo before :hateit: damn you laziness!

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but does your method work for Unactivated Devices?
Unknown. Another user above said it got past the activate vita error bit then adrenaline was crashing with an error that has nothing to do with activation. Maybe it was crashing due to the app being a north america app and he was from new zealand. Ur gonna have to test urself to see if the error still occurs.

aIphaprime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it was crashing due to the app being a north america app and he was from new zealand.
That wasn't related (and wrong flag sorry, updated my profile). My settings were NA Vita, NA PSN account, and tried with the NA Half-Minute Hero demo. I did the full process again now in case something was corrupted last night and am still getting C0-9252-8 error.

I tried the NA Echochrome package as well, but that fails to install in IDU mode.. Was going to try the OP's package, but realised that's a directory install, not pkg file. Know of any other NA pkg demo links?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unfortunately neither web ACT.dat generator nor Zombie's vita-activator work any more (confirmed by me and several others who also recently tried both). Apparently Sony must have changed something on the server side which both scripts were exploiting. Not sure if it's something that be can fixed, but I pinged Zombie to see if he can take a look.

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wasn't related (and wrong flag sorry, updated my profile). My settings were NA Vita, NA PSN account, and tried with the NA Half-Minute Hero demo. I did the full process again now in case something was corrupted last night and am still getting C0-9252-8 error.

I tried the NA Echochrome package as well, but that fails to install in IDU mode.. Was going to try the OP's package, but realised that's a directory install, not pkg file. Know of any other NA pkg demo links?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unfortunately neither web ACT.dat generator nor Zombie's vita-activator work any more (confirmed by me and several others who also recently tried both). Apparently Sony must have changed something on the server side which both scripts were exploiting. Not sure if it's something that be can fixed, but I pinged Zombie to see if he can take a look.
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=38342

Actually heres a couple. https://m.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yzhlt/psp_demo_pkgs_that_you_can_use_as_vhbl_base_game/

Last edited by Du'Islingr,

aIphaprime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I was able to get the NA Echochrome demo to install. It's giving me the same C0-9252-8 error as before, in fact I don't even get so far as the PSP "Warning" splash screen (like with HM Hero), just the C0-9252-8 error upon loading Adrenaline.

I'm guessing this is absolutely activation related, and that unless either the ACT.dat activation hacks can be fixed or another PSN spoof is found, the only way to activate will be via the PS3 transfer method.

noStriker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
HI to everyone. As with a lot of people, i also didnt get a psp demo before it was patch so I will try this method when i return from work. But before i read this thread, I remembered that I already got a pspdemo when i got my psvita with ofw 3.55 (i have a buckup of it in my pc). I transfered it via qcma but when i tried to open the bubble in the vita it told me to go to psn (and update the fw) to activate my psvita. Im going to try the method in page 1 and 3 but before that, is there anyway to circunvent this? As I said before, I already enter the psnshop before the spoof was patched. Also my psvita is already activated (i think) as the first thing i did with it was to erase its contents, did a full format to the memorycard because a friend sold it to me, log in my psn user and enter the shop with henkaku

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI to everyone. As with a lot of people, i also didnt get a psp demo before it was patch so I will try this method when i return from work. But before i read this thread, I remembered that I already got a pspdemo when i got my psvita with ofw 3.55 (i have a buckup of it in my pc). I transfered it via qcma but when i tried to open the bubble in the vita it told me to go to psn (and update the fw) to activate my psvita. Im going to try the method in page 1 and 3 but before that, is there anyway to circunvent this? As I said before, I already enter the psnshop before the spoof was patched. Also my psvita is already activated (i think) as the first thing i did with it was to erase its contents, did a full format to the memorycard because a friend sold it to me, log in my psn user and enter the shop with henkaku
After installing adrenaline that should ignore the firmware update crap i believe. Not sure though.

noStriker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
After installing adrenaline that should ignore the firmware update crap i believe. Not sure though.
Well, i transfered the pspdemo and tried to open it. As i got the message to update i didnt bother to tried it and install adrenaline with it. Gonna try that as soon as i get home. Thanks for the reply

mummysboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@AlphaPrime - Just FTP the file i linked to in the first post - its not a vpk or pkg becasue its already to go. No over complicated steps.

Some people who are not activated are getting no bubble show up buts thats becasue to get the PSP to boot you need PSP Game & Valid RIF (hence steal vitashell's one) & act.dat (Source = Vitawiki)

I am having problems trying to make an act.dat as it seems that phony may have changed their URL calls and all the previous non PS3 type activations are no longer valid. :(

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AlphaPrime - Just FTP the file i linked to in the first post - its not a vpk or pkg becasue its already to go. No over complicated steps.

Some people who are not activated are getting no bubble show up buts thats becasue to get the PSP to boot you need PSP Game & Valid RIF (hence steal vitashell's one) & act.dat (Source = Vitawiki)

I am having problems trying to make an act.dat as it seems that phony may have changed their URL calls and all the previous non PS3 type activations are no longer valid. :(
You do not seem to understand that we followed your instructions exactly and no bubble appeared. We used vitashells license and still no bubble no matter how many times we rebuilt the database. Even my activated pstv did not show the bubble. I used the idu mode method and your vitashell rif file trick and that worked just fine for me. No psp or ps3 was needed like idu mode guide specifies.

shabaduday

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't access hackinformer it says "This site can't be reached". Someone copy the guides and post it here please? :(

aIphaprime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not the issue. Though I did try this initially and like Du'Islingr and others have reported, no bubble was created. IDU method creates the bubbles, but I'm stuck at C0-9252-8 error because I'm unactivated.

Right, this is where I'm stuck too. Going to track down a PS3 as it's the only Vita activation method at the moment.

shabaduday

Trophies
XP
Country
Stuck at step 10. I wanna learn how to create that bubble thing. I made it this far, so that I don't wanna waste my opportunity. Help me please!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2