Question Want to hack my Switch / some questions

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Xen0, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Xen0
    OP

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Germany
    Hi there o/
    My Switch is Offline since last year and I´m still on 4.1.0. I followed the scene a bit and want to stay there if possible. However I still need the exfat Update to use bigger SD Cards. So the questions are:

1. What should be the very first step after entering RCM? (Which payload, what backups etc)
    2. How can I do only the exfat Update?
    3. I plan on staying offline, even though which measures can be taken to lower ban risk (read somethinh about encrypting NSPs or something today here. Does the new XCIIntaller from ZeroTwo do this?)
    4. Can I play higher FW games on 4.1.0? If not and I have to update (and brick my Switch on purpose, so it does not burn fuses), is it possible to just have the console in sleep mode so I don´t need to play around with my jig all the time?

That´s it for now, thanks for your time :)

2. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    1. Use Hekate to make a clean nand backup. then after that is done back it up to your pc and somewhere else safe. After that use whatever CFW you want.
    2. Use ChoidujourNX to install exfat update (and update to 5.1 without burning fuses at same time if you wish)
    3. Did you mean DNS blocking? if so then search for 90DNS
    4. Depends on the game. If you update you can use choidujourNX to not burn fuses, then use Auto RCM (either from hekate or ReiNX Toolkit) to not use the jig every time

Last edited by Adran_Marit, Sep 18, 2018
    Draxzelex and Xen0 like this.
  3. Xen0
    OP

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Germany
    Thanks sir!
    Another question depending the exfat update: I looked up for the update file but I can´t actually find it by itself. Do you know if it is contained in the "full" FW packages? If so, is it save to just install a 4.1.0 (hopefully with exfat update) over my Switches FW (which is 4.1.0)?

4. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    The exfat update is in the firmware files so if you find 4.1 use choiNX to install with exfat. same thing if you update to 5.1 without fuses using ChoiNX with AutoRCM, you install exfat at the same time. If you have any more questions, just ask :)

Xen0 likes this.