GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you could/can/will, please help me out. I'm trying to make a golden sun 3 flash game (like a whole game) and ATM i'm stuck on thinking of all the functions involved on making combat work. Would like help and ideas on setting variables. We've decided there's going to be a total of 10 people max in your party, 4 fight at a time (new two people's names yet to be made, probably one menardi and saturos combo and a karst and agaito combo) with 5 max enemies at a time, and how ATK, DEF, Agility, and Luck would effect damage given / damage taken. Would really appreciate it. ATM i'm the only coder, and i'm just a bit too noob to do it by myself, and everyone in my class is uncooperative.

imgod22222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
but i don't need help wth the actual coding, just an idea on how to format it all.
Ex) this function and this function effect this array. in this array have things like this this and this, and the function should have somelthing along the lines of this and this.
thnx

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Handling the statistics will be the easy part. Building a combat engine from scratch will be the hard part. I know some actionscript, but unfortunately not enough to really help you with what you're looking to do. I learned most of what I know from the Flash help files, beleive it or not.

And really, if you dont need help with the coding, then you shouldn't need help with the formatting...

imgod22222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, more or less the combat engine is what i need help trying to write out a chart or something that shows how everything is connected. After i know how everything is going to interact, i can code with few problems.

And showing statistics would be a simple thing like
textbox.text = HP/ other stats;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again