Want a new 3DS game

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Anous, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Anous
    OP

Anous Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2012
    Malmö
    So, I turned in some of my old playstation games earlier to GameStop, and got a pretty good store credit. Now, I want a new game for my 3DS, Nd I've narrowed it down to these;

Pre-order Pokemon Y for a really good price, around 10 euros. If I don't get it here, I'll buy the game as a downloadable title from game.co.uk.

Luigis Mansion Dark Moon. Again, can buy for around 10 euros. This game looks really fun, but I fear it's to short. I have Super Mario 3D Land and I literally did world 1-5 in one hour, and only died twice. Maybe I'm completely off tho.

Animal Crossing New Leaf. I haven't played animal crossing since wild world, and this title looks really fun, and it looks like it'll last forever. I can't afford that many games, so having a game last long is important to me. + the mayor stuff seems quite fun!

(Spoiler alert)And I'd like to mention Fire Emblem as well. Sorta played through a part of this game as I borrowed it from a friend. I will purchase this later, but it'll have to wait. I played until the "heroes" invaded the other continent. How far into the game do you think I was? Percentage wise?

Anyways, what do you think? What should I go for?

2. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Pokemon Y? Yes

Luigi's Mansion 2? The first one is a lot better than the second one, i'm a big fan of the first one but the second one is mediocre. You can get around 30-40 hours with story and online(if ur into online if not then about 25 hours)

New Leaf? Quite addicting, have 100 hours in it but stopped to play it cause idk what to do anymore.

Fire Emblem? Tried the Demo, wasn't so great for me nor i'm a fan of SRPG.

So get pokemon X/Y and wait for SMT IV and Bravely Default, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was nice but that game isn't for everyone(got it for free so i gave it a try)

ICS likes this.
  3. AngryGeek416

AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    FE: Awakening. Best game on 3DS right now.

4. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    luigis mansion is amazing if you can get pokemon later, but if this is the best or only shot you have at getting pokemon the dont skip pokemon.

5. lismati

lismati Speedrunner in practice

Feb 24, 2010
    Poland
    Yes.
    I had a really similar choice not so long ago, and I went for Luigi's Mansion. I hope to get 30 hours out of it. As for Pokemon, it's a preorder, so you will wait quite a bit for your game, better buy something now, and Pokemon when it comes out.

6. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    IF you can find it, and havent already played it, i would maybe suggest Devil Survivor Overclocked. Lots of hours of fun to be had there.

7. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Well, if those games are your only choices, I'd go with Animal Crossing, because with that game you'll get the best hours per dollar ratio. I personally agree with Bortz, though. I thought the original Devil Survivor was amazing, so I can't wait until I get to play the remake. You can get a bunch of hours if you play all the routes (assuming you don't mind replaying parts of the game over and over). You like FE, which is also a sRPG (although Devil Survivor is a sRPG on the map and turn-based RPG in battle).

8. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.

9. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    I would go for Mario and Luigi DT, if I played the series from other platforms, which I have. I got it a week ago, which I'm satisfied, but you'd be satisfied if you played previous games from the series, also.
    Super Mario 3D Land, is like NSMB 2, so if you had that problem I think you're gonna have it again with NSMB 2. I got a bit bored of it after finishing it and doing coin rush on and on and on.
    Try going for an RPG, story type of game, like Kid Icarus Uprising. It reminds me of Fire Emblem, so go for that, I suppose.

10. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    Pre order Pokemon and wait anxiously until release.

11. Anous
    OP

Anous Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2012
    Malmö
    Also, I have a question! If I have a 3DS eshop gift card, can I combine it with a credit card if I'm missing like 5 dollars?

12. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
  13. Zaertix

Zaertix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    USA
    I'm in the same situation myself,
    I'm trying to decide between Donkey Kong, Shin, FE, and Monster Hunter right now >.>

(getting my capture card and want a game after Dream Team to do, and it's a hard decision)

14. Anous
    OP

Anous Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2012
    Malmö
    I got Animal Crossing and it's awesome!

15. SpoonZie

SpoonZie Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2013
    Redditch
    How would you get luigi for 10 euros o.O

16. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica

I think it's just a pre-order price.

17. LoyalZero1

LoyalZero1 Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger

Aug 27, 2013
    United States
    Orlando, Florida
    It would sure be nice to see some hard hitting final fantasy games on 3DS. Not any with a kiddie feel though.

18. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    >hard hitting final fantasy
    >hard hitting
    >hard

lol what next... good games on the Vita.

Boy12 likes this.
  19. LoyalZero1

LoyalZero1 Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger

Aug 27, 2013
    United States
    Orlando, Florida
    Oh yes please!

20. earlynovfan

earlynovfan Tactical enthusiast.

Jan 3, 2013
    United States
    Minnesota
    Reccomendations of games I own:
    Theaterythm is great fun. Soo much replayability.
    Tales of the Abyss is great as well. Takes a while to understand the story and terminology though.
    New Leaf is great, though can become a chore after awhile.
    Shin Megami Tensei IV is pretty good, though can be difficult if you don't take the time to grind.
    Starfox 64 3D is a nicely done port of the original 64 classic.