Hacking Waninkoko's cIOSX rev21 possible release date?

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wanin Keeting - If The update never comes

If the update never comes
Will my Wii know how much I loved her
Hacked in every way to show her every day
That she's my only one
And my channels on the NAND
VC sessions i have planned
No more Triiforce on the screen
A situation very mean

jeffrey1790

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberty said:
Wanin Keeting - If The update never comes

Will my Wii know how much I loved her
Hacked in every way to show her every day
That she's my only one
And my channels on the NAND
VC sessions i have planned
No more Triiforce on the screen
A situation very mean

beautiful. absolutely beautiful

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IceIceBird said:
Blue-K said:
PizzaPino said:
he wanted to do some sneek related fixes too.
That would be stupid, imo? SNEEK is far more superior then the cIOS, in all points. IOS-Reload problem doesn't exist, better compatibility (also with WiiWare/VC), you can still have a loader, until now not a target of Ninty, etc., etc. So, why the hell improve SNEEK-Compatibility, when it's simply not needed? I don't see it...

Oh well, it's only a rumor, I guess. For me, personally, the cIOS isn't needed anymore, so I don't care for it. Let's just hope for all other cIOS-Users that this time you'll get a stable, bug-free rev...

To fully use USB Loading you still need a cIOS

SNEEK/UNEEK is FAR superior to cios but USB loading occupies both usb ports so you'll still need cios for games that use USB accessories,like Rock Band 1. It would be convenient to be able to load games with the DI module and have access to 1 usb port for rockband instruments,cameras ect. For now I use UNEEK DI for EVERYTHING except rock band 1 or singing games. Those I load from cios without sneek.

Everyone should try SNEEK/UNEEK. Its not as easy to set up but you have no ios issues, no AP and you have a GIANT nand if you have the right HDD or SD card.

CHEERS

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
mikefor20 said:
IceIceBird said:
Blue-K said:
PizzaPino said:
That would be stupid, imo? SNEEK is far more superior then the cIOS, in all points. IOS-Reload problem doesn't exist, better compatibility (also with WiiWare/VC), you can still have a loader, until now not a target of Ninty, etc., etc. So, why the hell improve SNEEK-Compatibility, when it's simply not needed? I don't see it...

Oh well, it's only a rumor, I guess. For me, personally, the cIOS isn't needed anymore, so I don't care for it. Let's just hope for all other cIOS-Users that this time you'll get a stable, bug-free rev...

SNEEK/UNEEK is FAR superior to cios but USB loading occupies both usb ports so you'll still need cios for games that use USB accessories,like Rock Band 1. It would be convenient to be able to load games with the DI module and have access to 1 usb port for rockband instruments,cameras ect. For now I use UNEEK DI for EVERYTHING except rock band 1 or singing games. Those I load from cios without sneek.

Everyone should try SNEEK/UNEEK. Its not as easy to set up but you have no ios issues, no AP and you have a GIANT nand if you have the right HDD or SD card.

CHEERS

But it's s..l..o..w..e..r than using the real NAND.
And what are you going to do if your emulated NAND files get corrupted somehow? You would lose your saves, your installed games, anything in your NAND.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiBricker said:
mikefor20 said:
IceIceBird said:
Blue-K said:
PizzaPino said:

CHEERS

But it's s..l..o..w..e..r than using the real NAND.
And what are you going to do if your emulated NAND files get corrupted somehow? You would lose your saves, your installed games, anything in your NAND.

I agree, i'm into my 3rd HDD right now....

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
WiiBricker said:
Who stops you from making backup time after time?

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
mikefor20 said:
..so you'll still need cios for games that use USB accessories,like Rock Band 1. It would be convenient to be able to load games with the DI module and have access to 1 usb port for rockband instruments,cameras ect. For now I use UNEEK DI for EVERYTHING except rock band 1 or singing games. Those I load from cios without sneek.

not sure about SNEEK/UNEEK specifics, but with with NANDEmu you may use USB 1.1 (not 2.0!) HUB and all devices connected to this hub will be accessible in games and homebrew. You even can connect second HDD to this hub and access it from homebrew. USB1.1 is slower, but for most cases speed is enough even to watch DVDRips in WiiMC.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Good news from mr. Waninkoko's desktop about his cIOSX rev21:

"rev21 has been delayed, I didn't have enough time to create a proper package
I would say... tuesday or thursday is the day"

So, we will have to wait a few days more until he releases it.

PS: Waninkoko = Santa Claus
wtfy.gif
???

See ya!

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys, I have been busy today. cIOSX rev21 will be released this thursday. No more delays!

[From his Twitter status]

Even though r20 suits all my needs I'm looking forward to this, will cmios v6 ever see the light of day.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wichoxp said:
Good news from mr. Waninkoko's desktop about his cIOSX rev21:

"rev21 has been delayed,...
Yeeeey!!
yay.gif
yaywii.gif
!

This is the best news I've heard all day!
hrth.gif

(I couldn't resist...of course I'm glad it arrives tomorrow)

DJ_Eric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't expect anything special. Waninkoko is mainly releasing this just to keep up with the fact that he said he would. Beyond his easter egg, I'm sure there won't be any new or improved features since he does not care about the wii anymore and only really cares about the ps3 now.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
DJ_Eric said:
Don't expect anything special. Waninkoko is mainly releasing this just to keep up with the fact that he said he would. Beyond his easter egg, I'm sure there won't be any new or improved features since he does not care about the wii anymore and only really cares about the ps3 now.
Maybe, but I'm sure that he is able to manage both scenes without any problem
cool.gif

Waiting for cIOSX rev21 THIS THURSDAY
hrth.gif
!!!

See ya!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how...