Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wanted to add my experience
smile.gif
I tried two games: Super Paper Mario and Zelda: Twilight Princess. These are the PAL versions running fine on a PAL-console. I burnt them on 2.4x (the maximum my burner can handle
tongue.gif
) on a DVD+RW.

Someone probably has noted this before, but whatever
tongue.gif

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telefunkin said:
dinofan01 said:
Grav said:
I have a question: Does installing DVDx or whatever cause your load times in regular non-burned games to be slower?
Simply put, no.

So if a NTSC Wii owner wants to play an ISO in color without component cable or a HD TV they need the PAL ISO?

Seems to be the case for me, PAL copy of TFU is working in full color with RCA cables but it is the only game I've gotten to try so far. I'm waiting on some more ISO's to finish so I can test more. Rebel Raiders NTSC will be finished soon, that will be my next report.
Was the PAL copy region freed and with what or was it just burnt and used in the backup loader because i tried wii chess PAL on my my NTSC 3.2U and still get black and white and screen not fitting properly.

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
on PAL Wii/3.2E/Composite cable

Burned on Memorex DVD-R @ 4x :

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption PAL : Works OK, loadings in front of some doors quite long due to "3X", and menu running choppy (due to video in background).
No More Heroes NTSC , wiibrickblocked + video mode patched : Works perfectly, intro video runs choppy.

thunderct

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No More Heroes NTSC on a PAL wii using Riidisc 8x DVD-r and Cyberlink Power2go loads.

It hangs on the "insert nunchuck into wiimote" for a while but eventually loads to the menu and the game play seems to work very well so far. Rendered Cut scenes a bit slow as always it seems, but in game cut scenes dont sem to slow down at all.

Load times in game are pretty good too

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
I have a NTSC Wii/TV. Will I be able to play PAL games, or will my TV Not support it?
I also have a regular Wii output cable.

I am kinda wondering the same thing. I have a couple of PAL games downloading but it's going to be a couple days before they finish. Once I get them and test them I will post my results.

Tested:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (NTSC) ~ game starts just fine but is in B&W for me (issue on my end)
Guitar Hero 3 Custom: Rocks The 80s (probably PAL) ~ flickering screen, looks like copy protection (might try regionfrii or something later)

Will be testing:
Guitar Hero 3 Custom: Guitar Hero 1 (probably PAL)~
Guitar Hero 3 Custom: Guitar Hero 2 (probably PAL) ~
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PAL) ~
Soul Calibur Legends (PAL) ~
Mario Party 8 (NTSC) ~

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only tested one game,Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (NTSC) with Memorex DVD-R,and is gets stuck on a black screen,and my wii makes odd noises....I burnt at 4x and 2x,is there any way to fix it? And apprently,I can change the read speed with nero drivespeed,can that help?

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telefunkin said:
dinofan01 said:
Grav said:
I have a question: Does installing DVDx or whatever cause your load times in regular non-burned games to be slower?
Simply put, no.

So if a NTSC Wii owner wants to play an ISO in color without component cable or a HD TV they need the PAL ISO?

Seems to be the case for me, PAL copy of TFU is working in full color with RCA cables but it is the only game I've gotten to try so far. I'm waiting on some more ISO's to finish so I can test more. Rebel Raiders NTSC will be finished soon, that will be my next report.
Was the PAL copy region freed and with what or was it just burnt and used in the backup loader because i tried wii chess PAL on my my NTSC 3.2U and still get black and white and screen not fitting properly.

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Midnightzak said:
Zeek03 said:
I have a NTSC Wii/TV. Will I be able to play PAL games, or will my TV Not support it?
I also have a regular Wii output cable.

I am kinda wondering the same thing. I have a couple of PAL games downloading but it's going to be a couple days before they finish. Once I get them and test them I will post my results.

Tested:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (NTSC) ~ game starts just fine but is in B&W for me (issue on my end)
Guitar Hero 3 Custom: Rocks The 80s (probably PAL) ~ flickering screen, looks like copy protection (might try regionfrii or something later)

Will be testing:
Guitar Hero 3 Custom: Guitar Hero 1 (probably PAL)~
Guitar Hero 3 Custom: Guitar Hero 2 (probably PAL) ~
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PAL) ~
Soul Calibur Legends (PAL) ~
Mario Party 8 (NTSC) ~

Thanks!
Oh and Mario Party 8 NTSC DOES NOT Work. Hangs at gray screen. Don't waste your disk!

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pebls123 said:
telefunkin said:
dinofan01 said:
Grav said:
Simply put, no.

regionfrii'd and brickblocked but I've only tried one game, and it worked for me, but I also did not test the PAL ISO without it so it might have worked anyway. I think there were some other users reporting that it did not work for them.

Edit: I've answered this question too many times now. I'm not posting again until I have another game to test.

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FutureShop
Verbatim DVD-R or DVD+R 4.7GB 16X 100-Pack Spindle = @29.99$CDN
Memorex 50-Pack 16x 4.7GB DVD+R or DVD-R Spindle = @19.99$CDN

Either way the deals are good for a low risk investment of coasters.

What's the preferred medium ? +R or -R. I have an NTSC Wii 3.2U. My DVD burner in my PC I have used for PS2 backups as well (0 probs, not worried about any possible errors with the drive).

Supertag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested NTSC Metroid Prime 3 with composite cables at 480i and the screen is black and white, jumpy, and appears to be in widescreen mode

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh god.
I don;t have a wii, but whoever leaked the loader before its actual finished release is a loser.
I THINK THAT YOU+OTHERS CAN WAIT SEVERAL MONTHS TO USE AN UPDATED BACKUP LOADER!
IT LETS YOU PLAY EVERY Wii GAME FOR FREE SO A LITTLE WAITING CAN'T HURT!

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to start a flame war but feel I need to say:

Antoligy - There is no need to flame in this thread. Every possible flame has already been put out there. In this thread we are trying to make the best of what is available now. Really if Waninkoko decides to continue work on this project then he may be able to review this thread to see some common bugs and incompatible games.

tl;dr - have nothing nice to say then dont say nothin!

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Boom Blox PAL 4x wii 3.2E Perfecly work
Star Wars TFU PAL 4x Wii 3.2E fully OK
Mario Sonic at the olympic games PAL 4x 3.2E fully ok but cinematics extremes lags

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1