Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I Burned Mario Party 8 (NTSC I think.) at 2.4 speed DVD-R. When I load the game it just shows a gray screen with some black lines going across. My Wii is NTSC. the loader recognizes the game, but I get the gray screen when starting.
Is This game not going to work or do I need the HD cable things? Any help?

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can a Sony DVD RW DRU-830A be booktyped to dvd-rom? I don't see a sony option in imgburn.
wtfb2tb.gif

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Boom Blox PAL on a PAL machine works....or at least it let me play the first training....

I used a Verbatim +R with -ROM booktype...

oh, right....burned with Nero...

sa_king84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MiloFoxburr said:
Tripwire said:
so on what speed are you guys burning the iso's at max on 2.4x 3x ?

I burnt Mario Kart at my maximum speed (12.6x) it worked till the 2nd race of a GP. No idea if it was caused by the speed burnt or not since no has actually posted on if Mario Kart works fully or not
I can confirm that about Mario Kart Wii though mine was scrubbed. Game loaded up fine, let me race one stage and by the next it would freeze. I've burt mine at x2.4 Verbatim DVD-R; HDTV.

Mario Galaxy plays and loads, but at the begining of the game when you go down the path to the next area in the town the game blacks out and feezes.

Someone needs to make a MASTER Backup Loader Compatibility Thread!

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xiofire said:
FGOD said:
can the backup loader read dvd+r copies?

Yes, but only if booktyped to DVD ROM. Check before burning your drive can booktype to DVD ROM

i burned it with nero to platinum dvd+r but nero always booktype to dvd-rom, at least as far as i see, it always does... strange enough with the dvd player, some movies does work with platinum dvd+r and some doesn't, so i don't know why that is, but i guess this can be the same with this backup loader as it uses the same libery...

but why does the games need to be burned at low speed? what's the difference with high speed burning?

killer626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanx for the utilites Kprobes and Lite-on's but neither of these work. The bitsetter intergrated into Kprobe is Lite-on's bitsetter.

Basically it says that the firmware of my burner does not support bitsetting, and when I try to update my Lite-on SOHW-1633S with the correct update firmware the program tells me that the drive isnt the SOHW-1633S...

I'll just get the DVD-R and test that out...

Thanks for trying though its nice to see people stick to the science on this project since all I've been hearing for the past 24hrs is "We should hang whoever leaked this"...

Killer626

Poltergeist.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Poltergeist. said:
Okay, I have a few questions I hope to get answered.

I burned Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (PAL) on an Imation DVD-R|16x medium with ONES at 2x speed. I tried the game on a PAL Wii and my console froze while the backup was loading the game during the debugging. I tried it a second time and the game loaded to a green screen which means that the game isn't compatible.

My questions are:

1. Is it ONES' fault that the disc won't boot? Did anyone try burning with Nero or Alcohol or is Imgburn necessary?
2. Does the "blocking" setting mean anything? Mine is set to the default 2048 blocks. (When using ONES)

I'm going to try it one more time with Wii Chess. If Wii Chess won't work then I'm probably doing something wrong here.

Okay, I burned one more Wii Chess disc with ImgBurn and the backup loader froze the game at "APPLOADER RETURNS ENTRY POINT". I believe the problem is with the Imation DVD-R read speed, but if anyone else has a clue of what would cause this please do answer.

Also I still don't know the answers to the above questions. Please answer if you know, it will be appreciated.

The_Super_Infram

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tested two more games

again on a Pal Wii

Metal Slug Anthology PAL: works except for Metal Slug 6 (no clue why), starting one of the games takes a while after that everything is fine
Super Paper Mario PAL: works really good, sometimes it does load a little longer than intended which results in a little background music glitch but thats all

sa_king84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr.Tenma said:
We should make a Wiki with compatible Games....
Yup..

Cooking Mama (NTSC)
- Works. (No known proplems. )

Madden NFL 09 (NTSC)
- Does not work.
- Gets past initial Backup Loader.
- After picking teams, the next loading screen freezes.

Mario Kart Wii [Scrubbed] (NTSC)
- Works with issues.
- First stage plays great. When second stage loads, game freezes.

Mario Super Sluggers (NTSC)
- Does not work.
- Freezes with on a green screen on initial Backup Loader.

Super Mario Galaxy [Scrubbed] (NTSC)
- Works with issues.
- At start of new game the stage loads up fine, but freezes on next map/cut-scene.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (NTSC)
- Does not work.
- Gets past initial Backup Loader.
- In game loading freezes.

Poltergeist.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Dr.Tenma said:
We should make a Wiki with compatible Games....

Edit : Tried Sports Island and Ferrari Challenge, no one Works, -4100 error

As far as I know the -4100 error occurs only when using DVD+R media. You can change the booktype from +R to -R (if the manufacturer is supported) in ImgBurn. Look through the posts before yours, someone posted a really helpful guide.

Some have mentioned that firmware versions could be an issue. Would you guys (who tested the games, of course) post your firmware version please so we can get confirmation on that?

I'm running a 3.3E firmware and I've had problems running Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Wii Chess. I blame the DVDs I used because I'd get different loading results every time I try to start a backup. You can check your firmware by going to your Wii's setting menu, it should be written in the top right corner of the screen.

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im currently burning force unleashed PAL using nero to an ativa dvd+r, ill let you know how it goes. I have an NTSC wii and TV, with standard AV cables.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...