Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
Wait... I have the key, an ISO and the loader all in the same directory. When I launch the program It does nothing. Any help? It doesn't say ERROR or anything it just opens and thats it. Is the patch really fast or something?
Its been explained before. You right click the ISO and click open with, then select the patcher exe.

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I gave it a shot. First time, I got the -4100 error. I was using a DVD-R. For those wondering how to fix it:

patch your iso, and open imgburn. Insert blank disc (I used an imation DVD+R.) and select the partition.iso file. Click tools -> drive, change book type. Follow the instructions and change your book type to DVD-ROM.

After I did that, my backup and my hack of Captain Rainbow worked fine. A few side notes:

1) Loading took a while (obviously)
2) Title screen skips a ton (most of it is a movie)
3) Game Play played fine.
4) NTSC Wiis, even with the region changed, seem to be missing certain japanese fonts. This is very evident on the Save/Load screen. The text displayed is ASCII characters rendering what looks like Shift-JIS formatted text. The save/load screen seems to be the only screen affected, which makes me think the font is stored somewhere else on the wii? Insight would be great on this.

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
wilfordbrimley said:
Zeek03 said:
Wait... I have the key, an ISO and the loader all in the same directory. When I launch the program It does nothing. Any help? It doesn't say ERROR or anything it just opens and thats it. Is the patch really fast or something?
Its been explained before. You right click the ISO and click open with, then select the patcher exe.

It says: ERROR COULD NOT GET PARTITON KEY.

Help Please!!!!

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
dinofan01 said:
One quick question. It doesnt have to much to do with the loader but its worth a shot. How long does it usually take someone to download a 4GB iso? A day, a few hours, I dont know.

@Dino - With average broadband connection of 1.5Mbit via BitTorrent (use Isohunt.com for your torrents, as it agregates trackers from every torrent site) it'll take about 6 hours.
Aww man. Thats not what I wanted to hear. My program tells me a day and some hours. I use Azureus. Any way to improve my situation?

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
wilfordbrimley said:
Zeek03 said:

It says: ERROR COULD NOT GET PARTITON KEY.

Help Please!!!!
I honestly have no idea. Maybe you're not running the program as admin if you're using Vista? Maybe its a corrupted ISO?

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
teq said:
dinofan01 said:
One quick question. It doesnt have to much to do with the loader but its worth a shot. How long does it usually take someone to download a 4GB iso? A day, a few hours, I dont know.

@Dino - With average broadband connection of 1.5Mbit via BitTorrent (use Isohunt.com for your torrents, as it agregates trackers from every torrent site) it'll take about 6 hours.
Aww man. Thats not what I wanted to hear. My program tells me a day and some hours. I use Azureus. Any way to improve my situation?
Use the utorrent client. I can help you set it up if you'd like.

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wilfordbrimley said:
dinofan01 said:
teq said:
dinofan01 said:

Takes me about 10 hours on azereous, about a week on utorrent, go figure

Excite Truck (PAL): Tested on ntsc wii, normal cables, runs perfectly (except for the brutal load times).

Madden 09 will be tested next

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaloBenish said:
wilfordbrimley said:
dinofan01 said:
teq said:
dinofan01 said:

Takes me about 10 hours on azereous, about a week on utorrent, go figure

Excite Truck (PAL): Tested on ntsc wii, normal cables, runs perfectly (except for the brutal load times).

Madden 09 will be tested next
This is very good news. This proves that at least ONE PAL game will work on an NTSC wii with normal cables....now to just hope that force unleashed does the same! Also, did you have to use any other programs to change your wii/tv settings to accomidate the PAL game? I will be testing it as soon as its finished backing up, which may be in a few more hours, and I will report back. Keep up the good work guys, and lets build up this compatibility list!!

Nightstalker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*Tested backups on my NTSC WII with HD component cables*

Mario Kart (NTSC): Works!
Zack and Wiki (NTSC): Works!
Resident Evil 4 (NTSC): Works!
WarioWare (NTSC): Doesn't work! Hangs on green screen.
Rayman Raving Rabbids (NTSC): Doesn't work! Hangs on green screen.
No More Heros (NTSC): Doesn't work! Hangs on green screen.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thread is only for discussion about compatibility.

Anyone posts about how much someone sucks, do not respond and start a multi-page flame war. Use the report button instead and we will take care of it.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
force unleashed with svideo causes black and white, and lines(fuzzy)
any games work with wifi?

farf21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Folks! I have installed the loader but its dont operate correctly. I have used a WiiSport Image. When the loader begin its reconize title and start with the files, but after that stop on a Grey Screen, not sound, wiimote not sincronize and never start the game. Some ideas? I have a american NTSC system with not HDTV. somebody test with this game?

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zant said:
force unleashed with svideo causes black and white, and lines(fuzzy)
any games work with wifi?
Please elaborate on that. What type (PAL or NTSC) TV, wii, and disc were you using? And is svideo the normal AV cables that come with the Wii?

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorox said:
Does having a NTSC wii mean in have to go out and get HD cables to play backups? If so then.....well crap.
Supposedly some PAL games will work with the standard AV cables, but NONE of the NTSC games will work.

The_Super_Infram

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was bored and tested some games...

I'm using a PAL Wii

Excite Truck PAL: game itself works perfect (played it for over two hours), load times are really long and the main menu runs really slow
Boom Blox PAL: works perfect (played around an hour), load time at start up is long but after that everything is fine, intro movie is a slideshow
Castle of Shikigami III NTSC: game works as it should (played half an hour), menus are slow and some music glitches

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1