Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, its great to see people working on finding out compatibility. Remeber to PM Praetor192 with everything you have found out compatibility-wise so he can put it on the list on the first post.
PS. I still need an answer on if the PAL force unleashed will work on an NTSC wii, NTSC TV, and standard AV cables, +1 internet to you if you can answer it. Thanks!
smile.gif

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wilfordbrimley said:
Sorox said:
Does having a NTSC wii mean in have to go out and get HD cables to play backups? If so then.....well crap.
Supposedly some PAL games will work with the standard AV cables, but NONE of the NTSC games will work.

Anyone have any luck with PAL games converted to NTSC-U? I'l be testing force unl....d in a few hours once the dl is finished.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S-video is a midplace between the original av and component. on an ntsc unit/ tv. would it help if we region change out wii to pal, or is the actual game?

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xXFEARXx420 said:
Same goes for me.

Error Reading Title - Ret=-4100

Using TDK DVD+R's

Have burned & tried Star Wars Force Unleashed & Target Terror.

Followed all of the instructions to the "T"....Wondering if its because Im not using HD/VGA cables.

I was bored waiting for some ISO's to download and started playing around with the loader. I get the exact same message when using a real game disk.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there some homebrew app we can use that forces NTSC?
I tried waninkoko's Video Mode Changer 2.3, but it didn't work.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telefunkin said:
xXFEARXx420 said:
Same goes for me.

Using TDK DVD+R's

Followed all of the instructions to the "T"....Wondering if its because Im not using HD/VGA cables.

I was bored waiting for some ISO's to download and started playing around with the loader. I get the exact same message when using a real game disk.
Maybe because the real disk isn't patched?

So has anyone figured out why some games have a grey screen? Is it because of the Video Cables or is it the loader itself?

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raiyu245 said:
telefunkin said:
xXFEARXx420 said:
Same goes for me.

Using TDK DVD+R's

umm yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at. Maybe their patch failed to properly load, does not work on those particular games, etc., etc......

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went out and got a couple of DVD-R discs to back up MySims and Captain Rainbow.

But I have a question.
Should I use the DVD-R discs or go out and get DVD+R ones? Because I read that DVD+Rs are more likely to work.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LeonardoGolden said:
I went out and got a couple of DVD-R discs to back up MySims and Captain Rainbow.

But I have a question.
Should I use the DVD-R discs or go out and get DVD+R ones? Because I read that DVD+Rs are more likely to work.
You read wrong. DVD-R are most likely to work though I used DVD+R discs. Sometimes they will work and sometimes they will.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telefunkin said:
Raiyu245 said:
telefunkin said:
xXFEARXx420 said:
Same goes for me.

Using TDK DVD+R's

umm yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at. Maybe their patch failed to properly load, does not work on those particular games, etc., etc......

I think you're misunderstanding what needs to be done...

There is an included application that signs the ISO with a common key. The ISO Loader doesn't patch the DVD.

kvp1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, when i burn with imgburn, what do i set the writespeed to? i read somewhere about 3x, but i wanna make sure before i do

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
teq said:
telefunkin said:
Raiyu245 said:
telefunkin said:
xXFEARXx420 said:
Same goes for me.

Using TDK DVD+R's

I think you're misunderstanding what needs to be done...

There is an included application that signs the ISO with a common key. The ISO Loader doesn't patch the DVD.

I presume he means on the PC side, the backup loader patches the Iso...

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@teq

Ok, yes I know what needs to be done and am fully aware that my disk was not patched. There were several people reporting this error earlier and since I was able to duplicate it using a non patched disk I thought this might give some clue as to why they are getting this error.

chaos_kontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be stupid, but I was wondering what my best options were for an NTSC wii:

1. Buy component cables (would they work on a regular tv?)

2. Play the games in PAL.

Which one seems better?

hecz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well assuming u have ntsc wii, buy teh component cuz i patched my isos with region frii 1.2 and the game

was black and white :S

kvp1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an NTSC wii, i have a back up of Top Spin 3 PAL, and i just tried it out, it works, but, its a lil fuzzy/black and white...the only way to fix this is to get component cables, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning