Hacking Waninkoko reconsidering Project

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had enough Drama for a week.
If it get's released it get's released, if it doesn't then oh well.
Either way after I get my 360 the next thing I'm probably going to do is get another Wiikey.
If it's out by then I'll reconsider.

MrCheco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am pretty sure that he must have laughed once or twice, seeing how people "desperately" make FAQs, wikis, threads in forums and what not, trying to find solutions or workarounds for this tiny beta (well I would have if I were him XD). But I think it's the right choice if he contiues this, one must make things he is proud of, even if they are gray on the legal area, leaked or whatever.

Cheers

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd be just happy if my program is being so widely used and people trying to help eachother using it etc.

And ISOs most likely will be going to be repatched/reburned, a little 'fuck you' from waninkoko to us, leakers ;D

Zanonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but it would be too funny if he kept it for himself (as tehskeen or whoever thinks may happen). I'll be looking forward to the first official version, although I never even bothered burning an iso yet.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Zanonymous said:
I'm sorry but it would be too funny if he kept it for himself (as tehskeen or whoever thinks may happen). I'll be looking forward to the first official version, although I never even bothered burning an iso yet.

well, it's not funny, it's the basics of black hat hacking..
if a vulnerability is not known, it's not going to be patched, so you can keep on abusing it.

if ppl start knowing about it and the exploit becomes public, software houses or hardware manufacturers (in this particular case the big N) will patch it sooner or later
smile.gif

that's the point of keeping stuff private.

btw i'll really apreciate if a public release will be made.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoGenesis said:
zapu said:
And ISOs most likely will be going to be repatched/reburned, a little 'fuck you' from waninkoko to us, leakers ;D
i'm sorry but that would be funny

that would be really funny, Id probably smile every time I thought about it.

QUOTE(atomikramp @ Sep 24 2008, 04:28 AM)
if ppl start knowing about it and the exploit becomes public, software houses or hardware manufacturers (in this particular case the big N) will patch it sooner or later
smile.gif

that's the point of keeping stuff private.

yea, but but to block it without several months of testing they would probably just block homebrew too (which would probably take several months of testing too) since it runs through homebrew loaders,

and the big names have said they have many more ways to run it if walls go up.

plus, you can always just not update.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're going to play with software that isn't finished you have to expect things to change dramatically.

Not that they necessarily will, but that's what beta testing is all about. That's why people shouldn't be getting too involved with it yet.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
Just buy a mochip. If anything loading an iso from something besides a disc, like over wifi or external hard drive / ethernet, would be good. I mainly want it for testing purposes. I dont even play games

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
Volkov said:
Just buy a mochip. If anything loading an iso from something besides a disc, like over wifi or external hard drive / ethernet, would be good. I mainly want it for testing purposes. I dont even play games
Streaming games from wifi would be ridiculously slow and stupid.

nyrol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
He said Ethernet, not wifi. Ethernet would be great and more than enough, but then everyone would need to buy an adapter. Sure, usb2.0 would be ideal, but if they can implement ethernet support before anything else, that would be awesome.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
Interesting.
Some of the people on here are being entirely selfish too.
That is all.

Selfish isn't even close to the word I'd use to describe some of the peop ... I mean children ... here.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Monarch said:
Meowayne said:
This really sounds like he never intended to release the backup loader to the public in the first place. He develops it, but isn't sure if he is ever going to release it to the public

He already had beta-testers. Why would someone look for beta-testers for a piece of software he never intends to release....
I think he wanted to blackmail some modchip makers into paying him for not releasing it. Yes it sounds mean but the guy needs to make money somehow, its better then killing someone
lecture.gif

EDIT: Look if he asks every to pay a buck or more he'd make maybe $1000-$2500 but if he blackmail some modchip makers, he'd get $3000-$5000 and maybe if he was meaner he'd still release it and ask you to pay! So that's $4000-$7500!

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure Waninkoko has no intentions of trying to make a fortune off of his work.

He'd have to release the source under GPL anyway, so good luck with that.

Also, torrents/leaks/sharing.etc.

okthanksbye.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol