Hacking Waninkoko DVD Dumper 1.2 compatible with 4GB USB?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just wondering if i can use my 4GB USB on the DVD Dumper and if so, can i stop it, put the data on my comp, then continue like you can with the SD or does it work differently? I'd use the WiFi but my modems been giving me problems and such off by itself every once in a while so till i get a new one, or find a solution, thats not going to be a viable option.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you can.
it must be 4gb sd, not
4gb sdhc.

you switch cards after the first fills up. the second one doesn't start till you stick it in, so im sure it wouldnt be a problem to copy the data and then use the same card to get the rest.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no no, i mean a 4GB USB flash drive, not sd card. but that does remind me, with the new sdhc homebrew capabilities do you think there will be a new version with sdhc soon?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a question and it's concerning dvd dumper as well so i don't have to open a new thread.

could somebody compile dvd dumper with sdhc support? is that possible?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Screemer said:
i have a question and it's concerning dvd dumper as well so i don't have to open a new thread.

could somebody compile dvd dumper with sdhc support? is that possible?
sorry, this was already answered in another sdhc thread recently lol.

the answer is not right now, as waninkoko has not released the source for his app to the public yet.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
noone has an answer to my question? i'd try myself but i'm afraid even if it appears to be working that after it reaches 2GB it'd stop and id have wasted all that time.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe you should give it a try? let it run over night. if you are asleep you don't waste time
wink.gif

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
but i leave my Wii onfor 8 hours for no reason. i'm real picky with thats stuff, i know it's nintendo and it should be of good quality, but still. this is the reason i bought th LG drive to begin with (which i explained in another topic, i got rid of cause it took to long to dump a game thanks to having to rely on an external IDE.) either way i probably test it anyways, but while i'm at home doing nothing, not when i'm sleeping.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i too would like to know if i can dump games onto a usb drive. i have a 8gb so that can work for me quite nicely =]

kanoeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
when i star to use the new loader i found the wii dvd dumper 1.2 .in the begining this brew works very well but now i get one erro when i try to dump a game.and here it is:
in the begining(this in one day):
i used the new cios for loader 0.3 and i installed the dvdx ios 249 and works very well
but in that night i put the wii dvd dumper in work to finishing one game(mario galaxy) and i did go to sleep, when i woke up in the morning i did go to see the process but my wii was in off mode in red and it means Electricity that had gone and come back again in the night and after i diceded to star again but when i tryed it the wii dvd dumper gives me an error and loaders too(0.1 and 0.3) and after i diceded to format my wii and try again but the results are :
loaders working very well and wii dvd dumper giving me an error every time and i diceded to try the version 1.0 and the results are:
wii dvd dumper 1.0 working
and i make a question for waninkoko you going to release a new wii dvd dumper or anyone here have a soluction for that problem ?

and other question any one knows here i can download the drives for wii dump raw(LG gdr 8164b,LG gdr 8163b,LG gdr 8162b, LG gdr 8161b)?
thans for helping me wacko.gif

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
in wifi it works fine too but when i try to dump to sd card 2 gb (no sdhc) or usb stick (testen 2gb & 8gb) i just get a code dump

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kanoeyes said:
when i star to use the new loader i found the wii dvd dumper 1.2 .in the begining this brew works very well but now i get one erro when i try to dump a game.and here it is:
in the begining(this in one day):
i used the new cios for loader 0.3 and i installed the dvdx ios 249 and works very well
but in that night i put the wii dvd dumper in work to finishing one game(mario galaxy) and i did go to sleep, when i woke up in the morning i did go to see the process but my wii was in off mode in red and it means Electricity that had gone and come back again in the night and after i diceded to star again but when i tryed it the wii dvd dumper gives me an error and loaders too(0.1 and 0.3) and after i diceded to format my wii and try again but the results are :
loaders working very well and wii dvd dumper giving me an error every time and i diceded to try the version 1.0 and the results are:
wii dvd dumper 1.0 working
and i make a question for waninkoko you going to release a new wii dvd dumper or anyone here have a soluction for that problem ?

and other question any one knows here i can download the drives for wii dump raw(LG gdr 8164b,LG gdr 8163b,LG gdr 8162b, LG gdr 8161b)?
thans for helping me wacko.gif

i got one from eBay, but MAKE sure if you get one your going to put it into a PC tower and not hook it up via external IDE case like i did. i found out after, either the drive itself or the program rawdump doesn't like external cases and it transferred way to slow.i'm now trying to sell my drive on ebay hoping someone will bu it, thats why i'm back to using waninkokos dumper. also if you do decide to get it, 8161/2B are the fastest for dumping wii games, the other 2 take like double the time from what i know.

back on topic though, either it didn't read it cause it was 4GB, or USB is just not compatible at all even though it says it is, but i tried it last night and just got an error when i tried dumping. i'ma stick to WiFi for now i spose even though it's risky with my modem disconnecting randomly, but what can i do. i hope a new version with USB or SDHC support is in the works.

RandomHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nicksasa said:
in wifi it works fine too but when i try to dump to sd card 2 gb (no sdhc) or usb stick (testen 2gb & 8gb) i just get a code dump

sorry but where is the option to dump over wifi/wlan? i can only choose sd/usb/gecko....

groovemachine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it seems to dump to a 2gb usb stick OK i didn't Finnish all 3 parts to verify the complete ISO but the file is written to the USB.
it doesn't like my 8gig stick at all and wont even acknowledge its presence in the slot. i dont have a 4gig so i cant test it.
i dumped rapala fishing tournament to SD 2 gig card in 3 parts and rejoined them with hj-split, ran WIIscrubber on the full image, burnt it and all ran well on the gamma3 loader.
it took about 4 hrs. for that single layer disk tho' kinda slow but i good working bakup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @cearp, And that one old guy is AncientBoi.
    +2
  • Minox @ Minox:
    Some guy walking from the south of the UK to the north only to get arrested towards the end of his trip lol
    +3
  • Minox @ Minox:
    Best part is that he's done it a couple of times lol
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I agree with him but for better or for worse it's just not accepted in society anymore
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol the comments are mostly siding with him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember years ago while vacationing in Florida, was walking along the beach, and come along a group of naked people sunbathing, wouldn't have been bad but I had my 9yr old daughter w me. I didn't know then that they have nudist beaches down there. (St. Petersburg, FL) Not sure if still do, was 20 yrs ago.
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I'm surprised there's no religion where you're always naked. and people arguing that it's their religion to be so, as it's how god created us
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nowadays religion is used as a manipulation tactic to get more people in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf most religions end up being naked
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    Iunno, nudists while a bit bonkers tend to seem more sane than cults/religions
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I always wondered where do they keep they're wallet and car keys?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's the old way of we aren't animals we have materials to make us decent way of thinking
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Hey, if there's a giant elephant with four arms telling me what to do, I'm going to listen.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    @BigOnYa Attached to the shlong, duh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Or up their behind like they're smuggling drugs, idk.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Must be super painful.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol, instead of Fanny pack, they have the Shlong pack.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Who said us "Nudist" aren't sane? Were we "Born" with clothes? :mellow:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Fanny pack, that applies to women. ;)
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    honestly I think they just have those little hip packs
  • cearp @ cearp:
    exactly
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kind of like how thugs keep their guns in purses
  • cearp @ cearp:
    or maybe a very professional looking leather briefcase
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You'd think being nude on the beach, you would get sand in places you wouldn't want to.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You'd think being nude on the beach, you would get sand in places you wouldn't want to.