Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
wow this was very interesting!
I think some improvements would make it even better:
1, better font / more easily read font... perhaps just not that bold as the current one is.
2, some words, letters and combinations of letters (e.g. szcz) should be bold to point out that they are important, and make them stand out of the english text.
3, same words and letters and combinations as above should be clickable (maybe only some which are underlined, so it's not FILLED with underlined text) and have audio to it.
4, A quizz / exercise to each chapter / lesson. one smaller one for each chapter, and one bigger to end the whole lesson.
5, This is (for me) rather important note: Before you add (which I think you will) sound; add phonetic pronounciation... I mean, sometimes it's hard for people to know how to pronounce the szcz even though it's described with english examples...
smile.gif

and some minor things I think would be neat features:
1, checkboxes for lessons / chapters (where "checking" lesson => each chapter in lesson becomes checked, etc.)
2, a list of all the words in all the lessons gathered in one place, alphabetically sorted. english -> polish and polish - english.

PLEASE NOTE
This might seem like i'm pissing on your homebrew, but NO i am most definitly not! I think it is great! It's well made and very interesting! And I, for one, will be looking out for the next versions and study this a lot!

Oh, and -maybe- I can be of some help with some structure and stuff... I did ace my class in "Communications and User Interfaces" at Uni. last year...
smile.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Tigro said:
Honestly, I have never learned Spanish, so I don't know if these languages are something similar. Try the homebrew yourself and see how does the similarity of both languages look like
smile.gif
Polis is nothing like Spanish. They do have some things in common, but the basis are different (Spanish is Latin, Polish is Slavic). Meaning you'll find same kind of similarities as you may find between English and Spanish (mainly vocabulary from sharing concepts and culture, or scientifical/technical/cult words coming from either Ancient Greek or Latin).

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maktub said:
Polis is nothing like Spanish. They do have some things in common, but the basis are different (Spanish is Latin, Polish is Slavic). Meaning you'll find same kind of similarities as you may find between English and Spanish (mainly vocabulary from sharing concepts and culture, or scientifical/technical/cult words coming from either Ancient Greek or Latin).
Actually, English is alot like Spanish, as both are derived from Latin, are share many of the same words/roots.

Tigro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
zabique said:
BTW.
This is how my English work mate learn Polish language
smile.gif

Very interesting, no doubt about it
biggrin.gif

Isaac said:
1, better font / more easily read font... perhaps just not that bold as the current one is.
2, some words, letters and combinations of letters (e.g. szcz) should be bold to point out that they are important, and make them stand out of the english text.
3, same words and letters and combinations as above should be clickable (maybe only some which are underlined, so it's not FILLED with underlined text) and have audio to it.
4, A quizz / exercise to each chapter / lesson. one smaller one for each chapter, and one bigger to end the whole lesson.
5, This is (for me) rather important note: Before you add (which I think you will) sound; add phonetic pronounciation... I mean, sometimes it's hard for people to know how to pronounce the szcz even though it's described with english examples...
1. I thought it's not tiring to read this font - but, if it is, I'll change it
smile.gif
Or even give the user a chance to select the one, that he likes most
smile.gif

2. Now, every Polish-related thing is picked into "" - however, of course I treat it as a temporary way to make them different - I'm planning to use different font color for every Polish word, for example.
3. Of course. As I've written before, one of my "main objectives" is to put audio and make clickable every single Polish word in the homebrew.
4. Further versions will come with many improvements - I think that one day I'll do that too
smile.gif

5. If it is - I'll do this, no problem
smile.gif

Isaac said:
1, checkboxes for lessons / chapters (where "checking" lesson => each chapter in lesson becomes checked, etc.)
I was thinking about some kind of auto-checker - when one ends the lesson, it becomes checked, so he won't be confused where did he end if he comes to the homebrew after a month, for example.

Isaac2, a list of all the words in all the lessons gathered in one place, alphabetically sorted. english -> polish and polish - english.
Will be done
wink.gif

Isaac
Oh, and -maybe- I can be of some help with some structure and stuff... I did ace my class in "Communications and User Interfaces" at Uni. last year... smile.gif[
Thanks - if I have any problem with this sort of stuff in the future, I'll talk to you
smile.gif

And thank you VERY much for all the support and positive feedback. It's really important - every single post in which one writes about his positive sense makes me wanna make new versions and add some improvements
smile.gif

Tigro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everybody! I hope you've been studying hard for this 6 months, eh?
smile.gif
Of course my project isn't stranded - how could I not make a new version of an application teaching my beloved language?
wink.gif
You know, school started so I had quite busy months. But now I'll try my best to have a little time to write some lessons and give you some improvements. The most important ones will be voice files with some of the words read - I hope I won't have any technical issues and everything will be fine with putting them in the app
smile.gif
So: stay tuned for just a bit longer and your patience will be rewarded
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo