Hardware Wall charger for Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pixel chargers work great with it. 6p chargers don't have PD, where the pixel chargers, and most new type c chargers (with a form of quick charging) will have it.
Quick charge is a seperate thing Which requires Qualcomm or other controller that support The 9V/2A specification.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems a bit overkill. There are 15V/2A (or around there) USB-PD chargers. They're not much cheaper than the official charger though, so no point.
Voltage has to match and both need to be The same standard. I hand heard of one brand with 39w charger though.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems a bit overkill. There are 15V/2A (or around there) USB-PD chargers. They're not much cheaper than the official charger though, so no point.
Voltage has to match and both need to be The same standard. I hand heard of one brand with 39w charger though
Edit: It's a phone, But besides that 15V is pretty uncommon.
Any USB-PD charger will work, the Switch accepts 9V just fine.
I am pretty sure 9V chargers support 5V/2A as it is Also designed to handle tablets, Which is not part of The pd standard. In fact 9V/2A is part of Qualcomm's quick charge, Which is both independently developed and incompetible with USB-PD

Last edited by Yil,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Voltage has to match and both need to be The same standard. I hand heard of one brand with 39w charger though
Edit: It's a phone, But besides that 15V is pretty uncommon.

I am pretty sure 9V chargers support 5V/2A as it is Also designed to handle tablets, Which is not part of The pd standard. In fact 9V/2A is part of Qualcomm's quick charge, Which is both independently developed and incompetible with USB-PD
Yes, they do.
But when it comes to USB-PD devices, unless they're communicating with an USB-PD charger, they will be stuck at 5V.

Primalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for a quality charger that will last a long time, I suggest getting one from Apple. It's much more expensive, but they've got all sorts of options for how much wattage you want. If you want the highest-end everything it's about $110 USD (Idk how much that is in your country, sorry). That would include a 87W charging brick and a 2 meter cable. The nice thing is that it'll last a long time.

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Thanks guys. I got the Google Pixel charger. 100% Worth it. Got a USB C to C Amazon Basics cable and is great too.

Oh, and if somebody knows: Is it safe to connect a Surge Protector to a Power Strip?

Last edited by alexj9626,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Thanks guys. I got the Google Pixel. 100% Worth it. Got a USB C to C Amazon Basics cable and is great too.

Oh, and if somebody knows: Is it safe to connect a Surge Protector to a Power Strip?

damn i'm jealous, not much .. because i own a 6p.
maybe i will get the pixel 2 or pixel 3.
i love google phones, and the 6p is the first i owned.

i mainly love them for root/ rom options.
my switch battery percentage is sometimes really weird, even with the official charger.
but i would not worry too much about it.

Reactions: alexj9626

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're looking for a quality charger that will last a long time, I suggest getting one from Apple. It's much more expensive, but they've got all sorts of options for how much wattage you want. If you want the highest-end everything it's about $110 USD (Idk how much that is in your country, sorry). That would include a 87W charging brick and a 2 meter cable. The nice thing is that it'll last a long time.
Apple chargers are pretty notorious for fraying wires. And i still don't trust their Type-C chargers to not be a teensy bit proprietary.

SamTheSaminator

Seemingly excellent at doing brick to it
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, so i need a wall charger for my Switch cause the original Adapter is plugged into the dock.

Because of my country i need one that is on amazon, other pages are kinda hard specially because shipping, it takes forever.

Anyway, i want it mostly for my travels, i just ordered a Power bank, now i need a good wall charger.

I have seen a couple that i like but i want to hear personal experience so i can confirm that they work.

Give me a hand guys, i would really appreciate it.
Can't you just use your Switch wall charger?

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, but i would love if you just dont link some random adapter. I would like to know if you use them and if they work. For example in those pages some people said they are good but others said that it didnt work.
Wow, user blocked. AMZN says 4 star review which means it's likely to but not guaranteed to work.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is this thread even still active? All answers are in here already, although people keep posting false information. I play BotW on my switch with the USB C cable that came with a pro controller, and a regular iPAD charger (5v 2.1A). The thing charges while I play. end of story.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is this thread even still active? All answers are in here already, although people keep posting false information. I play BotW on my switch with the USB C cable that came with a pro controller, and a regular iPAD charger (5v 2.1A). The thing charges while I play. end of story.
But your ipad charger does not support 18w from Quick charge nor PD which powers the switch dock.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What I'm wandering is someone going to make a wireless charger so we can use our Switch with its stand out without the need of it going flat on us all. Man, someone @Nintendo needs shooting for putting the USB connector under the stand, its driving me mad! :glare:

Last edited by Reecey,

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Could some mod please close this thread? Is just cancer now. People just dont read shit (Not for all of you guys).

Anyway, please close it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E