walk with me!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ZenZero, Dec 13, 2008.

Dec 13, 2008

walk with me! by ZenZero at 9:38 AM (1,153 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. ZenZero
    OP

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    Nintendo is releasing a fitness game for DS in February. Called Walk With Me it will be released on 20 February and comes with two smurfmeters.

As walking is recognised as an important part of a balanced and healthy lifestyle, Nintendo is releasing this software which enables you to track your own personal walking routine and compare it with friends, family or even your pet.

It comes with two specially designed smurfmeters called Activity Meters which measure your daily steps minute by minute. The Activity Meter will fit into your bag or pocket as you walk and will measure your activity through the day. You can set daily walking targets with a basic setting of 3,000 steps which can be increased each day to suit your activity levels.

The data is then collected and stored on the Activity Meter for up to seven days and can be transferred to your Nintendo DS so you can track your progress. All you have to do is point the Activity Meter at the Nintendo DS like a TV remote control and with one click of the button on the meter, your data will be sent by infrared signal.

The idea is that you'll be able to store data for up to four users so you can compare your activity with other members of your family or friends.

As with Wii Fit, Walk With Me features mini-games that are designed to help motivate you to walk. You can use your collected steps to unlock trivia, create images and find out how much electrical energy your walking would have generated for the day.

You can also go online and send your step data via Wi-Fi Connection. This will enable you to compare your routine with people all over the world and you can even create a world step count
    which is used to plot a virtual walk across the solar system. The distance between planets has been calculated in steps and you will see graphically how you and other world users are doing on your journey through space.

Every Sunday the walking rankings for all users will be updated on a global scale with an interim ranking every day covering total steps, highest step count in the world and the previous week's step count. Anyone who then updates their game will be able to view the world's top ranked players and how far they have walked.

Source

what do you guys think???

2. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    I think that the Japanese version has been out for some time now [​IMG]

3. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Lmao "smurfmeters" this word filtering is too strict man!

[​IMG]

4. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Actually.. I walk a lot and find this quite interesting. I would buy one if wasn't expensive as hell over here [​IMG]

5. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Holy crap. It would take years to travel to the moon.

6. Metal Overlord

Member Metal Overlord GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    There's Miis on this game right?

7. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    reminds me of nike+

8. CPhantom

Member CPhantom The Noob :(

United States
    Great idea and all...but SMURFMETERS?

can't call it a smurfmeter, oh no sir.

I see that and I see this in my head.

[​IMG]

9. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    finally, an add-on for the DS that will let me detect those damn smurfs!

10. Gullwing

Member Gullwing Synesthete

Greece
    can someone tell me what the japanese name of the game is? I want to download it but i don't know the name

11. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    Um, So its a smurfmeter for my DS.. Yay, Just what I've always wanted. [​IMG]