Homebrew Waithax/Slowhax implementation released by Mrrraou

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity how'd you turn it into a .3dsx? Is it difficult to compile stuff?
nah it's not difficult, not sure if you need anything more than just devkitpro for this specific thing, but with devkitpro you just run "make" in the directory with makefile in the terminal/command prompt to build it

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity how'd you turn it into a .3dsx? Is it difficult to compile stuff?
He uploaded the build to the releases tab in the project page, but essentially, if you have devkitARM set up properly with ctrulib updated, then all you do is go into the directory with a terminal/command prompt and type make.

I can't seem to get DKA to work under my Windows 10 install (cygwin dependencies seem to crash), so it's a good thing I have an Ubuntu install co-existing (that Windows Subsystem for Linux keeps crashing on me in this insider preview version :/ )

Edit: @zoogie, to be fair, I know I didn't because this was my first attempt at anything 3DS homebrew. I've done some private DS homebrew, but I still know almost nothing other than what I've read on 3dbrew :/

Last edited by ShadowEO,

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He uploaded the build to the releases tab in the project page, but essentially, if you have devkitARM set up properly with ctrulib updated, then all you do is go into the directory with a terminal/command prompt and type make.

I can't seem to get DKA to work under my Windows 10 install (cygwin dependencies seem to crash), so it's a good thing I have an Ubuntu install co-existing (that Windows Subsystem for Linux keeps crashing on me in this insider preview version :/ )
weird, I don't use cygwin, although if it means anything I have bash for Windows 10 installed, otherwise it works fine for me

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: @zoogie, to be fair, I know I didn't because this was my first attempt at anything 3DS homebrew. I've done some private DS homebrew, but I still know almost nothing other than what I've read on 3dbrew :/
He uploaded the rar and .gz but not .3dsx for 1.2 unless I'm in the wrong github?

That one has a good shot at working.

Can't believe we weren't even patching svcs before, lol.
Well if you're thinking it may work guess I definitely need to test it lmao

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weird, I don't use cygwin, although if it means anything I have bash for Windows 10 installed, otherwise it works fine for me

Ya, not sure why msys was crashing :/ Couldn't run any of the utilities that were installed by DKP. If I knew why my WSL instance keeps crashing the PC (Like LXCore literally crashes the entire OS), I'd just use DKP inside it.

@Skylinedeadline Just noticed that :/ I accidentally grabbed 1.1, damn it, now I gotta go jump into Ubuntu and compile the damn thing.

Last edited by ShadowEO,

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna agree, but like.. MH4U, dude. I've been suffering utter withdrawal since my little cousin nuked my sysNAND.
I've been on an o3ds so I've not played/gotten into Monster hunter (hopefully if these hax work though for my n3ds) To be fair though I tend to enjoy the community of hax and stuff following tutorials to do random crap I may never even use just cause. so I mean biased towards the process of setting stuff up I guess.

Ya, not sure why msys was crashing :/ Couldn't run any of the utilities that were installed by DKP. If I knew why my WSL instance keeps crashing the PC (Like LXCore literally crashes the entire OS), I'd just use DKP inside it.

@Skylinedeadline Just noticed that :/ I accidentally grabbed 1.1, damn it, now I gotta go jump into Ubuntu and compile the damn thing.
I assume if it turns out successful it'll get a .3dsx release but devkitpro can compile for windows right? Like another person said?

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been on an o3ds so I've not played/gotten into Monster hunter (hopefully if these hax work though for my n3ds) To be fair though I tend to enjoy the community of hax and stuff following tutorials to do random crap I may never even use just cause. so I mean biased towards the process of setting stuff up I guess.

I assume if it turns out successful it'll get a .3dsx release but devkitpro can compile for windows right? Like another person said?
Wait, I'm confused, what are we talking about? The dwhax thing does have a .3dsx release

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works on o3ds too you goddamn nerd GO GO GO GO

I will admit, that downgrade was one of the greatest moments of my life. There were many 'YATTA'.
Oh I was under the impression it was a laggy shit on o3ds like pokemon s/m Guess I'll check it out if the hax don't work.

It'll be nice if it does though, my o3ds is a clusterfuck from the initial hax back in like january file wise. Having a nice clean organized N3ds will be fun.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, if you want, I can compile 1.2
Sure, It'd probably save other inept people like me time. I'm installing devkitpro though for future use

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: fodder

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...