Hacking Wait is it just me or..............

malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When you boot the homebrew channel (1.01) you get random black lines or small dots when it sais (Loading SD) then they vanish.

Sorry for the strange post just its been bugging me..

anyone else get this?

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Yeah I had this too, but this is not an error in Homebrew Channel, it probably means that your GPU is damaged. Try playing Wii games, you should see these dots there too (they usually appear only in the far background, e.g. the sky). These "GPU damage dots" are usually black, but in Twilight Princess, they are green and in some channels they produce weird artifacts instead.

Such GPU damage is caused by overheating from leaving WiiConnect24 on in standby mode, and it's quite common. At least that's what Nintendo told me. You should send your Wii to them, they will repair it free of charge, even after your warranty expired. They usually don't notice if you meddled with the system, but you should still uninstall any hacks, channels and cIOSes.

malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Helsionium said:
Yeah I had this too, but this is not an error in Homebrew Channel, it probably means that your GPU is damaged. Try playing Wii games, you should see these dots there too (they usually appear only in the far background, e.g. the sky). These "GPU damage dots" are usually black, but in Twilight Princess, they are green and in some channels they produce weird artifacts instead.

Such GPU damage is caused by overheating from leaving WiiConnect24 on in standby mode, and it's quite common. At least that's what Nintendo told me. You should send your Wii to them, they will repair it free of charge, even after your warranty expired. They usually don't notice if you meddled with the system, but you should still uninstall any hacks, channels and cIOSes.

Ohhhhh, thats what it is..

Yeah it only happens to me on the homebrew channel and megaman 9. I guess i better get on the phone to nintendo!

"formats wii" lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==