anime_junkie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay, I'm confused. I have a PSP Slim (The one that comes with Daxter, 3.60 firmware), and I'm reading on how to load custom firmware, and apparently I need another battery? Why? Is there some way to do this without another battery? And I don't even know if my battery will work with the "Pandora's Battery" thing. Maybe pics will help? I also can't find TOTALNewbieasyInstallerPandorasmenu, but a little more digging and I'll probably find it.

I'm so confused....
wacko.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need another battery to put the psp into service mode. No there is no way to put custom firmware on a slim psp without it.

All be explained in this topic here

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=68111.

Datel make a pre made pandora battery called the tool battery , just pick one of them up if you don't want to mod your current battery or look around for a compatible spare.

anime_junkie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm..... I think one of my bro's friends has a PSP, I'll ask him if I can use his battery. I don't have any extra cash right now, so buying one isn't really an option.

After reading that topic about 10 times, I think I'm starting to understand it. One question though: Pandora's battery is only for the initial installation of the firmware, correct? So after it's installed, I need a regular battery?

Also, I read somewhere that you can just draw the connection on the battery back together with a pencil, is this true?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes , Pandora's battery is only for the initial install of the firmware , after your done you need a normal battery. Although they are always handy to have around in case you brick the psp at some point and need to recover.

No you can't use a pencil to remake the connection inside the battery. You say your friend has a psp though? , if it's an old style psp and can run homebrew already , you can softmod the battery , use it and then convert it back.

gigermunit

Trophies
Website
gigermunit.uni.cc
XP
Country
United States
Yes , Pandora's battery is only for the initial install of the firmware , after your done you need a normal battery. Although they are always handy to have around in case you brick the psp at some point and need to recover.

No you can't use a pencil to remake the connection inside the battery. You say your friend has a psp though? , if it's an old style psp and can run homebrew already , you can softmod the battery , use it and then convert it back.
If you bend the pin then redraw over it with a pencil yes the battery will work normally again, thats how many people do it.

gigermunit

Trophies
Website
gigermunit.uni.cc
XP
Country
United States

anime_junkie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
break the end connecting the the pcb but dont break it off just break it from the pcb and bend it, also you dont need another psp and it doesnt matter if it's a phat or slim battery

I hate sounding dumb, but I'm not all that familiar with electronics. You wouldn't happen to have any pics, would you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice