Hacking waht am i missing here ?

buckweed187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I normally use a R4 card,but after thinking about the world of gba games i'm missing out on.
I decided to borrow my friends supercard to see if it was worth getting.

But his sd card is one of them big ones and i don't have a card reader for that size to see what on it or copy it and replace the games.
So instead i loaded a micro sd card (1gb)with a host of gba classics and a sd_185.bin this was the only file i could see on his card.
then i loaded this into a big sd sleeve and pugged it in his super card SD

His slot 2 card is a max media launcher,once it loads the menu i can see the games listed but when i try to boot one up
all i get is the GAME BOY screen then a white screen ???

i have tried loading the set up OS and firmware which i found on this site

any tips would be great

please help i just want to play some classics.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to download the Slot 2 Convert software from that site (link is SC SD v2.7) and run the GBA games through that patcher before copying to your SD card. Its annoying but necessary. Another point to remember is in order to update the save on the SD card you must press L+R+A+Select and press A on save after you have saved in game (really annoying)

buckweed187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply,i just read the review of the supercard on this site found this out, after running my games through the patcher none of them worked
hate2.gif

30 gba games all failed.

I think i will get a 3 in 1 instead atleast i can run it along side my R4 card.
So glad i tried before i got one...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
You are using a Supercard SD slot-2 with an SD card in it right? And not using a Supercard Slot-1 to load into the Slot-2 cart (I tried this and it only worked for a clean ROM of Metroid Fusion)

buckweed187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah its a supercard slot 2 with a 1gb sandisk card and i have a max media in the slot 1 but this is not like the R4 because its has no sd slot.
I think i will buy a cyclods and a 1 in 3 or maybe i will buy a dsi and use the i-player emu.

I will keep reading review and sleep on it,but i'm sure the supercard is not for me.
Thanks for the help tho.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buckweed187 said:
Thanks for the reply,i just read the review of the supercard on this site found this out, after running my games through the patcher none of them worked
hate2.gif

30 gba games all failed.
Then you obviously did something wrong. 30 games is not a coincidence. First off, make sure you download the right patcher software for your specific card. For instance, you can't patch games with the SC Lite patcher when running them on a Supercard SD. Secondly, you are copying the output patched roms, right? They appear in "C:\Program Files\SC\out" by default. The patcher does not modify the original *.gba file where it sits on your hard drive.

The 3in1 is probably superior, yes, but at least make sure you're not doing something wrong before declaring the SC a failure.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3 in 1 is kool def,but I prefer the slot 2 sc because you can lob in a 4 gig no SDHC and fit tons on their yes some games have a bit of slow down but to be fair its only a few games do this & as a plus you can play ds stuff from slot 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1