Wads not working?!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by airos1, Sep 21, 2009.

1. airos1
    OP

airos1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Hey guys kinda new to the forum here and im loving it!

But I do have a bit of a problem and Im wondering if someone could help me solve it.

So i got a Wii about a week ago, which came with 4.0e and it is not a LU64/LU65. I started softmodding my new Wii by installing HBC using Bannerbomb and that worked flawlessly. I then used this guide to be able to play ISO's from my usb hard drive. Unfortunately I couldn't get get past step 3 of the guide when trying to install CIOSv7.wad because my Wii would just freeze when choosing IOS35 from the WAD Manager 1.4

So after hours of searching I stumbled across Xzxero's guide, which seemed easy enough as he said that it would install over all my previous attempts of softmodding! So I followed his guide to the letter and everything went smoothly!! But I realized I had a little problem. I can run homebrew from HBC with ease but after installing wads, they don't seem to load on the Wii system menu. They just go to a black screen, which causes my Wiimote to lose connectivity and my Wii to freeze. I then have no other choice but to perform a hard reset. But the weird thing is that I can insall VC wads and play them perfectly!

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? I would really like to install a USB Loader GX channel!! But as of yet every wad i try (apart from VC wads) don't seem to work!

Suggestions please? Could it be my previous attempt from the first guide i used that is interfering with my wad installations?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. And yes i have tried downloading wads from different sources and tried installing using WAD Manager 1.4/1.5.

2. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Lol, seriously, turn your brain on!

Why do you think you get issues with LU64/65 Wiis? Yes, nintendo changed something on these Wiis. Do you think ALL new Wiis will have the same? - No of course not, who could think of that???

Get the latest IOS35 wad with the NUS Downloader and install it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice