wads not wanting to work?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by xjeremyx, Dec 18, 2008.

Dec 18, 2008

wads not wanting to work? by xjeremyx at 6:05 PM (1,288 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. xjeremyx
    OP

Newcomer xjeremyx Member

United States
    i have a d2c key, i have the latest hbc installed. i have 3.2U installed as of last night. i have wad manager 1.3 as well. when i go to install a wad like MegaMan9 it says it installs properly, and then i restart the wii, i go to the mm9 channel and i click start, the screen goes black and a moment later i see all the wii channels doing their light up show and then i'm back at the menu screen to choose which channel, what am i doing wrong? do i need to install a cIOS or do i need to update? or what? i've been screwing with this now for about a week and am still stumped.

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    the wad you installed obviously isn't region free, or is a different region, that's why you get a blank screen, try Other wads!

3. xjeremyx
    OP

Newcomer xjeremyx Member

United States
    so does that mean there is a program to region free up a wad? such as free the wads? will that do it?

4. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    yeah if you can't get your own region wad of it, try freethewads, it wont work for ALL wads....

5. Distrance

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Djdynamite... As I understood his message, he doesn't get blank screen exactly.. Wii just restarts. I thought that happens if you have wrong firmware ?

6. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    some wads wont work others will on pal/ntsc consoles even a chip won't change that.

7. xjeremyx
    OP

Newcomer xjeremyx Member

United States
    well, i've found myself a little confused on the operation of the freethewads i'm youtube-ing it so no worries, buttttttt now i find myself curious about the starfall hack? can i use it if i have a chipped wii? where is there better literature about this starfall hack? wiibrew wiki?

8. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    type in google starfall wiibrew
    yea spot on with modded wii!

9. ashesburn

Member ashesburn GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hey there, I'm in the same predicament. I managed to install Megaman 9 successfully but when I launch it, it just loops me back to the wii menu.

I tried using freethewads.exe and I got the ret =- 2011 error while trying to install.

I read some places and they said the solution was to upgrade to firmware 3.3, while others said installing IOS37 will solve this problem.

I'm not sure which is right.

--------------------

Wooo...finally got MM9 to work with wwpacker.

Check out these posts.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108300

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95479

10. xjeremyx
    OP

Newcomer xjeremyx Member

United States
    so i have been able to get all sorts of wads working. just not mega man 9. i thought i had read somewhere on this forum that i needed firmware 3.2x to play mega man 9.
    now for a strange sequence of events so i can catch you up to date and maybe you can identify where i went wrong or what i need to fix.
    first, i downloaded and installed WuM latest version on the website. i took my iso, and i replaced the update on it with the 3.2 update. at the bottom of the WuM window you can select the firmware you wish to download to be used to replace the current firmware. i selected from the list 3.2U. there is a button that says refresh list, i did not click this button as the firmware i wanted was already in this list. it downloaded, i replaced it, i burned it, then i put that disc in my wii, and told the wii to update. when it was finished i went into wii data menu and checked, sure enough it said 3.2U. when this was all over i had that strange itch to touch the "refresh list" button. when i did this 3.2U was no longer a selectable option in WuM. Now, does this mean that it wasn't actually downloaded and replaced? what does this mean? so now i fight with the wad manager to install mega man 9. it installs "fine" but when i boot mega man 9 with the start button it goes blank and then i get the wii main channel dark refresh then the normal main wii channel, so not a successful install, i uninstall and re-install, i then make a post and am told it's not my region, so i use free the wads, no dice. so i get what i think is a version in my region, still no dice. so i think screw it, it must be all bad wads. NOPE, other wads install and play just fine. so i go well crap, maybe it was a bad 3.2 install thanks to WuM?? so i install anyregionchanger. i boot it, i make sure it says usa, usa, ntsc, #49 region, usa, etc. i click go on the 3.2 install, it does everything and says install fine...and then at the very end i click a again to do the last 3.2 install in ARC and it says: Error! ES_DeleteTitle (ret = -106) and upon hitting the A button it told me Error! ES_OpenTitleContent (ret = -1026)...

i press A and it brings me back to the ARC menu, and says that i have options that don't match up says everything is fine but where it should say what i have installed as far as firmware is says and i quote " . "......nothing but 2 blanks and a dot. so i tell it to re-install everything again, and again, same errors. so i do a little reading and while not all the same circumstances and errors, i decide to restart. it restarts and boots up fine, games play, wads other than MM9 play, says i have firmware 3.2 installed in the wii menu...

did WuM not download an actual 3.2U firmware? did ARC not install and potentially semi-brick my wii? and clues? can i download back to 3.1 somewhere or somehow?

11. ashesburn

Member ashesburn GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    After you install it, if you see 3.2U displayed at the top right corner of the Wii Settings, then the installation was done properly.

I'm pretty sure WUM did download the 3.2U firmware for you. I don't quite remember but I think if you have downloaded it and refresh it, it won't display those that you already downloaded, but only those you haven't. So probably that's why it didn't show.

As for the ARC, I'm not quite sure but I'm guessing maybe because you already have 3.2U installed and you tried to re-install it again? I could be wrong here. For me, I was on 3.2J and I install 3.2U for it and it worked well.

If you could not load into your wii settings, then you are semi-bricked. If not, you should be fine.

As for the Megaman 9, check the previous post before yours. I editted my post. Use wwpacker to make MM9 playable.