WadMii for mono

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by giantpune, Jan 26, 2010.

1. giantpune
    OP

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    WadMii is part of the collection of tools by leathl ( http://code.google.com/p/showmiiwads/ ). Since it never hurts to have more toys, I made some small changes to get WadMii to run in linux under the mono framework. This is the source and binary based off the r24 from the repository. http://www.mediafire.com/?dmmmtuktmqw

just type the path of the exe in a terminal
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

and it should open

since im a nosey bastard, i have added a bit to make it display the tik and tmd as it would appear in a hex editor when unpacking a wad.

-NOTES-
    The only parts of the code I changed are the stuff about the paths to files, some resource names because linux is case sensitive, and removed a reference in the project. All the algorithms are still as they were in leathl's code. So I dont believe I created any bugs. Also, the added the hex dump stuff came from bushing's old code. I just made it into C#.

This has been tested packing and unpacking wads and creating the common-key.bin in ubuntu and kubuntu and everything seems to be working.

This may run on a Mac as well with mono set up. It never hurts to try.

2. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    Don't use linux myself, but wanted to post and say great stuff giantpune, I love peeps adding new features to things, or adding to them in any way.

Someone with a mac needs to test and post that it works.

3. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    do you ever sleep? [​IMG]
    nice work (from a fellow linux user)

4. pbsds

pbsds Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2009
    Norway
    Røros
    You should send this to Leathl [​IMG]

5. giantpune
    OP

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    i think this is actually outdated. when leathl updated wii.cs, i made mono versions of the whole shabang posted somewhere on this page... http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207472 somewhere floating around on here is also a showmiiwads which (mostly) works fine in mono

6. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    Well, for goodness sake giantpune, keep your mods in one thread. It's just too complicated otherwise.... [​IMG]

7. MertenNor

MertenNor GBAtemp Regular

Feb 14, 2009
    Norway
    Good Job..

Since the mono framework also is for mac I installed it and gave this a test.. and I figured out that it only worked wen I had terminal in "pro" mode.. (preferences... > New window with settings: Pro)

[​IMG]

woot [​IMG]

MertenNor

8. dc740

dc740 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2014
    Argentina
    the files are down. Does anyone still have the source code?