WADder Tools

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by icefireicefire, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2008

WADder Tools by icefireicefire at 10:57 PM (19,879 Views / 0 Likes) 149 replies

1. icefireicefire
    OP

Member icefireicefire GBATemp Fails.

United States
    I am new here, but have been around Wiibrew for around 4 months, and done a bit of wii programming (but no releases as it was mostly just stuff for me).

I have started on a project -- WADder. I intend to make a complete app that takes an image, audio file, and .DOL and turns it into an automatic channel. Right now, I can manually edit the banners and such, but still need to figure out how to inject DOLs (tutorial anyone?).

Utilities I need to complete this (command-line utilities preferred, if not commandline it needs a REALLY simple interface so I can automate it):
    - TPL Converter (JPG -> TPL)
    - U8 Packer
    - U8 Unpacker

I'm releasing a test version for now. I DO NOT KNOW IF IT ACTUALLY WORKS ALTHOUGH IT SHOULD. Can someone please test that has a Starfalled wii? Thanks [​IMG].

Notes:
    - Easy and CORRECT dol injecting with GUI.
    - Does not use the Channel name or the Banner/Icon sections (yet), but you need to browse for a file/enter something for both.
    - YOU MUST UNZIP TO C:\WADDER\ FOR IT TO WORK (I will change this in a later release)

Download: Here!

Completed/ToDo:
    - Extracts base WAD
    - Replaces DOL
    - TODO: Banner stuff. Need command-line U8 stuff to get started.
    - Changes WAD title ID
    - Repacks WAD

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    don't need a tut for that, the instructions are in the readme, use autoinjectuwad to inject a .dol into any .wad
    Would be good, having a automatic unpacker-packer, but it's all in the mind doing it manually anyway so would really be a issue with me or some others, still would be pretty cool, before i knew much about editing wads etc, i requested a tool similar to that....so be good if you manage it, especially for the True Noobs..

3. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Autoinjectuwad is terrible. It gives random Title IDs to wads which may or may not replace any current titles installed on your Wii.

On Homebrew apps that are being injected into channels, its best to rename "name of app.dol " to " 00000001.app " and replace the previous 00000001.app with that one. Then repack the wad and you have "injected" the new .DOL file.

This method is the fastest way to update a current channel without having to uninstall the previous because when you install it, it will just overlap the previous one since it has the same Title ID.

Channels can also use ".elfs" so your not limited.

To change the Title ID, use "THE NEW VC INJECTOR" application as its a command-line interface which also allows the Title ID to be changed or kept the same.

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=92049

So if you are injecting an app that deals with media, name the Title ID to "MPEG" or something that you will know instantly what it is while browsing via AnyTitleDeleter incase you accidentally lose the .wad you installed with and have to uninstall the channel for whatever reason.

4. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Can you change the TITLE ID of a wad easily with a hex editor, or can that injector change the title id without injecting anything?

5. Tichinde925

United States
    You can change via Hex Editing but there is always user error in accidentally changing something else.

With the NEW VC INJECTOR, you dont have to do any injecting at all but go directly to changing the Title ID and then be finished.

6. icefireicefire
    OP

United States
    OK, I will not use InjectUWad, but the VC Injector is not fully commandline (aka I still have to press keys when it is running). I'm searching for other options.

Edit: I'm an idiot. the BFGR Wadtools i am using has this option :|.

7. icefireicefire
    OP

United States
    I'm releasing a test version for now. I DO NOT KNOW IF IT ACTUALLY WORKS ALTHOUGH IT SHOULD. Can someone please test that has a Starfalled wii? Thanks [​IMG].

Notes:
    - Easy and CORRECT dol injecting with GUI.
    - Does not use the Channel name or the Banner/Icon sections (yet), but you need to browse for a file/enter something for both.
    - YOU MUST UNZIP TO C:\WADDER\ FOR IT TO WORK (I will change this in a later release)

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/175061936/wadder.zip.html

8. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    OK I tested it for you...
    Works really well..
    Just have some ideas..
    add 2nd icon...
    add sound....
    otherwise... looking good so far....
    if you finish it it will be the easiest and best homebrew wad creator/injector yet....
    -kitt050383

if you need info about the test drop me a pm and i'll let you know whatever....

9. macmel

Member macmel GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Oh this is good, I'll be watching the progress on this.

Can you mirror it on mediafire please?

10. Tichinde925

United States
    This needs VC injecting support! (Havent tested it yet so I dont know if VC support is already on here)

11. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    icefireicefire amazing work! just need option of LogoChan & Sound.bin [​IMG] perfect! i actually requested something like this generator a few months back hehe

12. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    icefireicefire, you made my dreams come true....

ENDLESS RESPECT!

13. macmel

Philippines

Anyone please.. tried to find RS premium link generators but none of them works. Seems a lot of the experts are impressed with this tool.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    It's realy awesome...I won't test it now, but looks great. Please continue!!! [​IMG]

Like kitt050383 said..
    -Sound would be awesome
    -And maybe when released this here...(damm..don't found the Link...anyways, moving Images...)

Oh, and I created a Mediafire-Mirror:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11f2174b680d399291b20cc0d07ba4d2bc5e62b891276320

15. macmel

Philippines
    Thanks, Blue-K. Very much appreciated

Now I have the chance to see it in action

16. nutta_nic

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i've created a wad for softchipr73 useing this program, i just wanted to know could it semi-brick my wii if i've not done it right?

17. snikerz

Member snikerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Liechtenstein
    Never ever install your own WADs if you don't have a modchip or Starfall+TP Hack installed. Period!

18. icefireicefire
    OP

United States
    Just so you guys know, this DOES NOT DO THE BANNERS yet. It also does not inject into any WAD besides the one that is already there (aka the Tetris Channel WAD). The point of this app is to do easy Channel-Making, not VC Injecting or editing other's channels (though that may come later).

The biggest help would be someone either:
    - Sending me a compiled (Windows) version of Segher's wii.git and the parse-u8.c/parse-opening.c files from WiiBrew (I can do this myself but i don't have the tools installed in my Windows virtual machine right now)
    - Finding a U8 decompresser/compressor that I can run from the commandline (aka no interaction required)

19. nutta_nic

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i have starfall and the tp hack but no GC pad [​IMG] so i wont be installing my wad just in case

20. icefireicefire
    OP

United States
    New version coming soon with BANNER SUPPORT!!!!! YES!!! Just the U8 packing stuff left (i'm automating it for now)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.