Hacking WAD Packer v0.0001 released!!!

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Grish4 said:
Elo said:
(i removed dkj from system,then installed it via wad installer)

When you removed dkj from system, did you use the wad uninstaller that completely removes your already valid ticket?
Well hopefully it shouldn't matter...I removed my DK2 without the wad uninstaller, so it should still have had a valid ticket. But when i used the wad packer to make a new one it didn't install.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ill try again using the wad uninstaller (just did channel remove..so could be that..)
i used the title.cert from the first wad packer version..so only things i added to folder where title.tik,XX.apps,title.tmd
..lets see what diff the wad uninstaller does..

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
The Frenchman said:
I'm betting he used his one one that got created when he unpacked his VC channel game.

but all the cert file talk is kinda useless as unpacked games will be VERY rare from now on as they release vc games in wad as of now. I bet if anyone wants to create a WAD of something else then creating a cert will be useful but I don,t know abut all that.
Yeah, but if we could find out how to pack them ourselves we would not have to wait for one bunch of people to release games that they have.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well yeah, I was kinda speaking for the general people who doesn't know much about it, like me. When people like you have it figured out titles will pour in.
but if my reflexions or other's suggestion can help then it's good.

At the speed you guys worked this out we should see about every VC titles released in about 2 weeks.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok,ran the waduninstall and it removed the ticket for dkr..then i ran the install AND IT WORKED
biggrin.gif

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i ran a compare on my working dkj wad and the blaze wad and there is a slight differance.. 80 bytes to be exact..interesting..and they still both work ..

Grish4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Elo said:
ill try again using the wad uninstaller (just did channel remove..so could be that..)
i used the title.cert from the first wad packer version..so only things i added to folder where title.tik,XX.apps,title.tmd
..lets see what diff the wad uninstaller does..

Maybe the title.cert that was included in the orig wad packer is specific for dcj then?

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
nono,i used the ticket from my wii system dump..basically what we were having trouble with earlier..
ie.. i created a wad from a vc game of my wii that worked to install again.. i'll have to try again with a diff game to see if that works aswell..

heres the diff
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9683/63418188uw9.jpg

im gonna hexcheck the blaze donkey country release to check that they included the right apps etc and see if that works with the cert file aswel..

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
version .4 out
wink.gif

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/109786799/wadpacker-VERSION_0.00004.rar.html

bueno.. acabo de terminar una nueva version.. del wadpacker... ya que se me habia "olvidado" truchear (ya que yo trucheaba por aparte el tmd y el ticket)..... esta version truchea el tmd y el ticket

not a great translation but ->

"good. I finish finishing a new version. of wadpacker... since me habia "forgotten" to truchear (since separate trucheaba by tmd and ticket)..... this truchea version tmd and ticket"

Jay84Jay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elo said:
nono,i used the ticket from my wii system dump..basically what we were having trouble with earlier..
ie.. i created a wad from a vc game of my wii that worked to install again.. i'll have to try again with a diff game to see if that works aswell..

heres the diff
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9683/63418188uw9.jpg

im gonna hexcheck the blaze donkey country release to check that they included the right apps etc and see if that works with the cert file aswel..

hand me your .wad lets see if it installs on mine

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Elo said:
i ran a compare on my working dkj wad and the blaze wad and there is a slight differance.. 80 bytes to be exact..interesting..and they still both work ..
Well surely onto something now. It musn't be the title.cert file as you say you used the one from the wadpacker. It's gotta be the ticket. So all you did was a straight dump from your wii, packed with wadpacker and installed it. If so this means that anyone should be able to just dump their VC game and pack it back up and install it? How come stev418's mario 2 didn't work then?

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just making another with wad packer .4, sounds like he 'forgot' something with last version? something to do with not trucha the tmd and tickets?
wink.gif

Jay84Jay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
just making another with wad packer .4, sounds like he 'forgot' something with last version? something to do with not trucha the tmd and tickets?
wink.gif

V0.00004 Note this version also the TRUCHEA

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
oki checked the blaze dkc release and they mistakenly put two wrong app files in..ive changed these and doing check right now to see if it works

hill

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
wink.gif

Something has definitely changed, I repacked my same files and the md5 sum is different on the new title.wad

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok,the dkc didnt install..although in the hex they are near identical (again a minute diff like the dkj files..)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging