Wad manager issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jimmydome, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Jimmydome
    OP

Jimmydome Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    running 3.2u firmware downgraded from 3.3u, wad manager was working fine, did all steps to downgrade firmware so i didnt have to use wadmanagerios16 anymore, was having some unrelated problems and tried to redo the process of downgrading, after reinstalling firmware 3.2u with "Downgrade" boot.dol for a second time, cant load wads from wad manager have to use wadmanagerios16, but to uninstall wads i can use wad manager, this is really weird, i tried to re-install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad in wad manager and that went fine then i went to do the cIOS_fix.wad in wadmanagerios16 and got "ret-1029". and when i try to install wads from wad manager i get "ret-1035", but wad install from wadmanagerios16 fine and to uninstall i have to use the regular wad manager, does anyone know what i have to do to use my regular wad manager again???

2. That was all pretty confusing...well...wad manager 16 should be fine...isn't it?

I forgot which IOS it was but one certain IOS stops Wad Manager from working but I can't say which IOS it is because I dont' want to brick your Wii...I did this with a nintendo wii before too. :wtf:

3. Jimmydome
    OP

Jimmydome Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    that would be fine if i was running 3.3u, i have 3.2 and wanted everything to work right.

4. afif95

afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Nov 24, 2008
    Malaysia
    Malaysia!
    Error 1035 =

Solution: Would mean that your IOS were trucha fixed. Have another few runs of IOS Downgrader.

A little bit more detail: Reason that WM 16 works is because the WM works on IOS 16 ONLY and we used the IOS 16 which is trucha-bugged, thus, allowing us to install cios_fix.wad in the first place.

5. Jimmydome
    OP

Jimmydome Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    i uninstalled cios.fix.wad with regular wad manager since thats the only one that was working to uninstall anything, then i reinstalled it in wadmanagerios16, and that must have fixed it cause now i can use the regular wad manager again to install wads, this was driving me crazy the whole day. something happend earlier in the day and i thought i might have made a mistake, so i went and thought i could re-downgrade and that would fix it( when actually my problem ended up having nothing to do with wads, cios, ios, nothing like that at all) so i ran the downgrader again and reinstalled 3.2 firmware, then i did the customIos install again, and when i went back to install a wad, thats when i relized it wouldnt work anymore, well after that i tried everything in the book, i ended up figuring it out by back tracking my steps and trying to do it all over again, and when i uninstalled the cios,fix.wad and reinstalled it the wad manager worked again, i guess i just got lucky.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice