Country
United States
So am i to understand
Supported FileSystems under USB:
RAW
FAT (FAT 16)
FAT32

USB supports all USB 1.1 devices.

Is it limited to USB 1.1 due to Waninoko's driver?

And that Wad Manager 1.1 is like the WAD Installer + the WAD Uninstaller rolled up into one .elf?

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who am I? I'm someone who actually tries to do helpful things behind the scenes with the people doing the *real* work. Read any good FAQ on the HB channel lately? I wrote the damn thing, not that it matters.
Please, don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I was one of the first people helping to test that usb code you're all wanking over so hard. Along with quite a few other projects that many of you now enjoy. Some you aren't even aware of yet.
I also don't give a flying fucktoss what you think of me. Kthxdie.

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errr, I just used this to uninstall Lost Winds but I can't exit the WAD manager!
When I press "home", it just takes me back to the WAD manager menu.
Trying to reset or turn off the Wii doesn't work.
What am I missing?

darkhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got it too work, though hope we can see usb support in the HBC.

As for USB 2.0 the limitation is set in the IOS...there is no 1.1 hardware limitation.

darkhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sven said:
Only USB 1.1 is supported by current IOS versions (made this a bit more clear because the hardware might support usb 2) so you're not going to be able to load your legal backups from the HDD. It's never going to be fast enough
smile.gif
http://svenpeter.blogspot.com/search/label/USB

His blog shows the limitations and stuff if anyone wants to have a read....
So unless Nintendo unlock USB 2.0 in future updates(Nintendo may release a storage solution of their own and open USB 2.0 ) or we patch it, itll be locked on USB 1.1

svpe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hitto said:
Stalkid64 said:
I beta tested something, I'm so 1337! Oh, and ban me BTW

Well, he actually did beta test my drivers and it helped me a lot to fix most of the devices that are currently working. It's a pity that the first application supporting it is now this stupid wad crap :/

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
svpe said:
Well, he actually did beta test my drivers and it helped me a lot to fix most of the devices that are currently working. It's a pity that the first application supporting it is now this stupid wad crap :/

So tell us what applications would you rather see your code used in, instead of sending your doggy to start flames.
And seriously... Even if you have skill, being an asshole or a hypocrite won't net you points or make you safe from the cops.

GAWD we were stupid back in my day, but we didn't bash other people's work!

Linguist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hitto said:
...So tell us what applications would you rather see your code used in...

Wiimedia Channel or Player with usb support
biggrin.gif

I would buy such Wiiware, if Nintendo would sell mediaplayer software.

But installing wads from usb is not a milestone imho.

Anyway it's not a reason for flaming. I guess some point of views differ, in which way 'homebrew' should go.

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linguist said:
Hitto said:

biggrin.gif

Anyway it's not a reason for flaming. I guess some point of views differ, in which way 'homebrew' should go.
There are really only two POV - one isn't `homebrew` at all:

1) The people who make this stuff that you all leech off of, do it for pure homebrew use. That's "homebrew" as in "make things for yourself and/or others to use for fun". This is a good thing, like XBMC was for example. Something like Gecko Region Free perhaps, too. Or the whiteboard app. Useful, functional utilities or self-created games by people who are either starting out or simply cannot become a licensed developer. Their work is free for all to enjoy.

2) I WANT FREE VC GAMEZ AND STUFF! That's "piracy" as in "I THINK I DESERVE EVERYTHING FOR FREE!". This is *not* homebrew, like stealing copyrighted games like Wiiware titles that people - yes ordinary people LIKE YOU - work hard on. They do a job to get paid. They are entitled to expect compensation for their work. You are not entitled, morally or legally, to take that source of income away from them. How would you feel if your boss came along and asked you to do the same job (yes okay most of you are 13-year old kids...) that you do now, only you wouldn't be getting paid for it any more? You still have a family to feed and look after and all the rest... except nobody is paying you to do so. Well, you steal VC games or Wiiware titles in particular - that's what you're expecting developers to do. Work for nothing. No amount of self-assuring forum spewing will change that fact either.

K

KaliKot

Now this is pretty cool. I can see the future now...

USB controller support and removing the need for the Twlight Hack

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Linguist said:
Hitto said:

biggrin.gif

I agree, and thanks to your stuff, I can plug in a 1TB hard drive with movies and MP3s in the foreseeable future; But it stands to reason that the first and fastest homebrew applications would be "it was possible, but now you can do it from an external HDD".
XBMC wasn't made in a day.

waterboy100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
Snarby said:
Heh, at the risk of being majorly flamed and ragged on, can someone please assist me in getting this runnin? Still very new to the whole wii-hacking scene. I was using the twilight hack and the wad 2 installer previously, but I don't know of any way to run this wad manager.
Cheers.
grog.gif

wad manger 1.1 is simply a .elf so run it the way you did with the wad installer.

so im new in the wii department. but i am still a little unclear. i have a brand spankin new wii without any hacks done. do i simply copy the manager to the sd and the wads to the external drive, or do i need to run the twilight hack first? or even better, is there a tutorial up somewhere that i missed?

thnx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4U-CrK4Hug