Hacking .wad intall issues

prpro1204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to install "Wiiflow R25 StarNight Channel IOS249-WSNW.wad" via Homebrew's WAD Manager in order to create a channel instead of having to access wiiflow thru homebrew everytime but keep getting "Installing ticket...error ret = -1". Also tried this wad file "Wiiflow StarNight Channel Forwarder WSNF.wad" but same thing. These files were downloaded to SD Root\wad.

*looked thru forum first but could to find exact problem.

Please help.

thanks

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
prpro1204 said:
Trying to install "Wiiflow R25 StarNight Channel IOS249-WSNW.wad" via Homebrew's WAD Manager in order to create a channel instead of having to access wiiflow thru homebrew everytime but keep getting "Installing ticket...error ret = -1". Also tried this wad file "Wiiflow StarNight Channel Forwarder WSNF.wad" but same thing. These files were downloaded to SD Root\wad.

*looked thru forum first but could to find exact problem.

Please help.

thanks
What ios are you selecting in wad manager. You need to select one with an exploit. If you have wiiflow working then you probably have 249 so use that.
If it doesn't work, could be the version of wad manager you're using. I think the current one is 1.7

prpro1204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I click on wad manager I change to ISO249, change device to SD then select wii slot. I have created a few other channels with no problem with the v1.5 version. Do I need to put wad file in root because right now I put it in the wad folder located in root od SD?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wad manager 1.5 is outdated and does not support cIOSs with non 38 base, use YAWMM, MMM, or wad manager 1.7b (you're cIOS249 is likely using a different base, which is causing your problem)

Leave the wad saved where it is (SD:\WAD\whatever.wad)

if it still doesn't work, try loading another commonly patched IOS, like 236 or 250. If it still doesn't work, reinstall a patched IOS236 using IOS236 Installer then launch one of the above recommended wad managers using IOS236

prpro1204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgraded to Wad Manager 1.7...

When I select source device (Wii SD slot) it starts to mount device then says error (ret = -1)

Could this be the cause...in Homebrew I click on Wad Manager but still reads Version 1.1 even though after I click the load button the heading shows 1.7 version. Also the load screen reads "Run Wii_Dumper_1.2.DUMP.wad. Select wad to install/uninstall w/ D-pad..." ????

***Wiiflow v2.2r304 IOS249 rev19, base IOS57
Do you know how to get Wiiflow to automatically launch when wii is powered on? If so, I can just forget about creating a channel all together!

thanks

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prpro1204 said:
***Wiiflow v2.2r304 IOS249 rev19, base IOS57
Do you know how to get Wiiflow to automatically launch when wii is powered on? If so, I can just forget about creating a channel all together!

thanks
just get the wiiflow forwarder and install in priiloader...

unzip....
put the .dol in the root of the SD card (you don't neet to rename it)...
start priiloader...
go to 'install file'
install the .dol....
then go to settings and change autoboot: to 'installed file'.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol