Wad installation error -2011 help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheRidGE, Aug 31, 2009.

Aug 31, 2009
  1. TheRidGE
    OP

Newcomer TheRidGE Newbie

United States
    I'm trying to install a game wad using wadmanager v1.3, having done this before with one other game before without issue. The game claims to be "region-free", and even still, from my region in the first place.

I keep reading that the error code -2011 has something to do with the trucha bug, which is why I'm confused. I'm on an NTSC 3.2U wii with all IOSes trucha enabled, with the signcheck output file to prove it.

Any aid you can give me would be appreciated. I cannot figure out what else to try to get this to work.

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    try wad manager 1.4 or wad manager 1.5

1.3 is really outdated.

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Did you install a cIOS?
    If not, install one or use WM1.4 (or higher) to select another IOS than the default IO249 (which doesn't exist if you have no cIOS)

4. madeirabhoy

Member madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

i kept getting that with odd wads, and someone on here told me to bin the wad and download from somewhere else. for me, i found sometimes a different wad worked.

5. TheRidGE
    OP

Newcomer TheRidGE Newbie

United States
    I must thank you guys. I had just recently installed cIOS, so updating to WM 1.5 basically did the trick.

With WM 1.5, i first tried IOS36, which on my wii is version 1042, and it still gave the same error, but going to cIOS249 worked perfectly. My thought is that maybe some wads require a minimum version #, and give the error when the IOS version is not high enough. I'm making stuff up right now, but if anyone wants to play around with stuff, there's an idea.