Tanks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Hopefully you all remember me as a competent hacker and not some noob here... (If I am in fact wrong about this I'll take the ridicule... I deserve it anyway...)

I was wonder if there is any real WAD viewing tool or unpacker. I remember there being something of the sort when WADs first became known, but that only brought the files down to what I remember to be .apps? (not sure on that one...)

I know of injectuwad and all those other tools that are practically VC specific. Isn't there a tool out there that works like Nitro explorer or DS Buff? You know, complete decompile of all data? I know it's been done on a few games, (Megaman 9 for one) but I've never seen a real tool. I've gone through the downloads section with no avail. Does anyone happen to know of any tool like the one I'm describing?

If not, let this be a suggestion post to all you tool coders out there. This kind of tool will be well loved. I assure you this is a great opportunity to get yourself known.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howards U8tool, which there may be better now, dunno its a good tool to extract App files, but like i said theres so many different tools now, its hard to keep track of all of them

Tanks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
Howards U8tool, which there may be better now, dunno its a good tool to extract App files, but like i said theres so many different tools now, its hard to keep track of all of them

Well... I can't even remember any tool that breaks a wad down into .apps...
tongue.gif
Thanks for the U8tool thing though. I'll look it up now.

Tanks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I believe I know which files I need now. Wadunpacker.exe and whatever this u8tool is. Would anyone happen to have a link to these? I cannot find that at all... :/

Tanks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not getting any .app files... I'm left with the same issue I remmeber I used to have with wadunpacker. It doesn't workin command prompt and when I simply drag the file, I only get the useless tmd, cert, tik, and trailer files... :/

DaDoomGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Hopefully you all remember me as a competent hacker and not some noob here... (If I am in fact wrong about this I'll take the ridicule... I deserve it anyway...)

I was wonder if there is any real WAD viewing tool or unpacker. I remember there being something of the sort when WADs first became known, but that only brought the files down to what I remember to be .apps? (not sure on that one...)

I know of injectuwad and all those other tools that are practically VC specific. Isn't there a tool out there that works like Nitro explorer or DS Buff? You know, complete decompile of all data? I know it's been done on a few games, (Megaman 9 for one) but I've never seen a real tool. I've gone through the downloads section with no avail. Does anyone happen to know of any tool like the one I'm describing?

If not, let this be a suggestion post to all you tool coders out there. This kind of tool will be well loved. I assure you this is a great opportunity to get yourself known.
Where's all the data?

• Angry
Reactions: bonkmaykr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later