WAD Complete Unpacker/File Viewer

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tanks, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009

WAD Complete Unpacker/File Viewer by Tanks at 4:45 AM (2,614 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Tanks
    OP

Newcomer Tanks Advanced Member

United States
    Hey guys,

Hopefully you all remember me as a competent hacker and not some noob here... (If I am in fact wrong about this I'll take the ridicule... I deserve it anyway...)

I was wonder if there is any real WAD viewing tool or unpacker. I remember there being something of the sort when WADs first became known, but that only brought the files down to what I remember to be .apps? (not sure on that one...)

I know of injectuwad and all those other tools that are practically VC specific. Isn't there a tool out there that works like Nitro explorer or DS Buff? You know, complete decompile of all data? I know it's been done on a few games, (Megaman 9 for one) but I've never seen a real tool. I've gone through the downloads section with no avail. Does anyone happen to know of any tool like the one I'm describing?

If not, let this be a suggestion post to all you tool coders out there. This kind of tool will be well loved. I assure you this is a great opportunity to get yourself known.

2. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Howards U8tool, which there may be better now, dunno its a good tool to extract App files, but like i said theres so many different tools now, its hard to keep track of all of them

3. Tanks
    OP

United States
    Well... I can't even remember any tool that breaks a wad down into .apps... [​IMG] Thanks for the U8tool thing though. I'll look it up now.

4. Tanks
    OP

United States
    Well I believe I know which files I need now. Wadunpacker.exe and whatever this u8tool is. Would anyone happen to have a link to these? I cannot find that at all... :/

5. icefireicefire

Member icefireicefire GBATemp Fails.

United States
    google BFGR WADTools and VCFE WIP for each, respectavlaeasely

6. Tanks
    OP

United States
    Still not getting any .app files... I'm left with the same issue I remmeber I used to have with wadunpacker. It doesn't workin command prompt and when I simply drag the file, I only get the useless tmd, cert, tik, and trailer files... :/

7. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    You need a commonkey.bin.

8. Tanks
    OP

United States
    I've got that sitting in the same file as wadunpacker yet there's still no dice...