WAD Complete Unpacker/File Viewer

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tanks, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Tanks
    OP

Tanks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2007
    United States
    Hey guys,

Hopefully you all remember me as a competent hacker and not some noob here... (If I am in fact wrong about this I'll take the ridicule... I deserve it anyway...)

I was wonder if there is any real WAD viewing tool or unpacker. I remember there being something of the sort when WADs first became known, but that only brought the files down to what I remember to be .apps? (not sure on that one...)

I know of injectuwad and all those other tools that are practically VC specific. Isn't there a tool out there that works like Nitro explorer or DS Buff? You know, complete decompile of all data? I know it's been done on a few games, (Megaman 9 for one) but I've never seen a real tool. I've gone through the downloads section with no avail. Does anyone happen to know of any tool like the one I'm describing?

If not, let this be a suggestion post to all you tool coders out there. This kind of tool will be well loved. I assure you this is a great opportunity to get yourself known.

2. WiiBlaster

WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    Howards U8tool, which there may be better now, dunno its a good tool to extract App files, but like i said theres so many different tools now, its hard to keep track of all of them

3. Tanks
    OP

Tanks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2007
    United States
    Well... I can't even remember any tool that breaks a wad down into .apps... [​IMG] Thanks for the U8tool thing though. I'll look it up now.

4. Tanks
    OP

Tanks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2007
    United States
    Well I believe I know which files I need now. Wadunpacker.exe and whatever this u8tool is. Would anyone happen to have a link to these? I cannot find that at all... :/

5. icefireicefire

icefireicefire GBATemp Fails.

Dec 19, 2008
    United States
    google BFGR WADTools and VCFE WIP for each, respectavlaeasely

6. Tanks
    OP

Tanks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2007
    United States
    Still not getting any .app files... I'm left with the same issue I remmeber I used to have with wadunpacker. It doesn't workin command prompt and when I simply drag the file, I only get the useless tmd, cert, tik, and trailer files... :/

7. beegee7730

beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

Banned
    Mar 31, 2009
    England
    You need a commonkey.bin.

8. Tanks
    OP

Tanks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2007
    United States
    I've got that sitting in the same file as wadunpacker yet there's still no dice...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice