Hacking wad/cios install problem

crimsonsoulz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
need of some help, recently upgraded wii to firmware 4.0 via waninkoko's updater, after that the backup loader stoped working. i tried downgrading back to 2.2U but still no luck. also whenever i try to install a new cios i get a error, somthing along the lines of (ERROR ret-1005) somthing like that. i get the same problem when trying to install any wads. I tried using anytitledeleter but whenever i try to actually delete somthing the wii locksup and i get some gibrish on the screen. It would be great if there was a way to completely delete everything and start over, without removing the hbc as i dont have a copy of zelda. upgraded to 3.2U, still get installing ticket ERROR! (ret = -2011) when trying to install cios36rev7
once i get home i will try the cios_fix.wad.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
run iosdowngrader, if that dont work install ciosrev9, if that dont work, run ciosfix.wad from custom wad manager, if that dont work run IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad from normal wad manager, then install the rest in reverse order

google is your friend if you need any of these files
lecture.gif

but shared4 is BFF
nyanya.gif

crimsonsoulz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey thanks alot, got some progress. I got ios36 v4.18 to install ( i think its rev7) but when i try installing rev9 i get a similar error, same goes for wads, so i cant install the ciosfix anyway

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think in order to downgrade after using the 4.0 waninkoko update you must have had cios rev7 or higher before updating to 4.0 otherwise you couldnt downgrade back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass