Homebrew Wacky idea for emu's

the greatest one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if people remember the multiboot iso's loaded with roms for modchiped wii's back in the day but I thought of an idea for the USB loaders. Why not have new iso emulators with the roms loaded that run off the wbfs partition. I know about the iso forwarders but was wondering if anyone else liked the idea. I have the iso built and working but I need the emulators to recognize the roms on the iso.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well yes this will work. but there are MUCH simpler ways to play roms from a USB device. just put all your roms on a FAT formatted usb drive and it will work just fine. you can ever have the emulator itself on the FAT drive.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
well yes this will work. but there are MUCH simpler ways to play roms from a USB device. just put all your roms on a FAT formatted usb drive and it will work just fine. you can ever have the emulator itself on the FAT drive.

How would you come by that to make it work .. what Do you have to chagne in the EMu .. Lets say the fcues GX one .. how would you make it work ? I would like to know ..

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can compile the emu with libwbfs. then you can just create a ISO with a shitload of roms on it by using the partition builder from wiiscrubber. then you can use the same technique that alt dol loading uses. it checks the fst of the ISO for all the files on it. the alt dol stuff filters out everything that doesn't end in ".dol" but you can change that to whatever you want.

the way emulators work, they just copy a file from the SD/USB to a buffer in memory and play it from there. so you just get the filesize and location of the rom from the fst and copy it into that buffer. even though it is possible, i still say it is a bunch of work and a waste of time for essentially the same thing as what can already be done. and you will need to use a cIOS that supports WBFS for this, rather than just a IOS with USB junk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-