[vwii]

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by september796, Feb 1, 2016.

1. september796
    OP

september796 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    right to the point. Often black screen, sometimes it works perfect sometimes it doesn't. I decided to share a syscheck with you so you can tell if I have something wrong.

here's my syscheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

please tell me if you need more information

2. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    What gives you a black screen - Launching vWii from WiiU mode? Launching a loader in vWii mode? Launching a game from a loader?

Also, I see you don't have IOS251 patched which is recommended in all of the guides. I don't think it's used often but could be causing some issues launching games if that's what you're referring to.

3. september796
    OP

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    thanks for the reply
    First I have to say that syscheck gave me an error before the report showed up. I don't know what it meant as it didn't tell.
    well I get black screen mostly in homebrew channel menu and less often lauching homebrew, in cfg menu itself, lauching a game. Never during game (which is good) thing is it works perfectly fine but some other time it takes several hardresets to get a game load
    I don't even see IOS251 that you mentioned in my list. Also, I've seen some syschecks posts where IOS512 and IOS513 seem to be patched. I don't think it's mandatory though since it's not mentioned in the guide.
    honestly I don't remember when I did this softmod but I believe I followed every step. But in case I've missed IOS251, could I just run d2x cIOS again or what is the procedure?

EDIT: well I ran d2x cIOS again to patch base59 ios251 and it solved the problem I haven't had black screen, loaded a bunch of games, works fine so far! :D

Last edited by september796, Feb 2, 2016
    Maximilious likes this.
  4. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Yup, you patched the right one, glad that fixed the issue!

5. sindrik

sindrik GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    Hi! d2x Custom IOS Installer only allows me to get as far as Base 58, no Base 59. How did you solve this? I am also plagued by the black screens on load.

6. zektor

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 29, 2005
    United States
    Last edited by zektor, Feb 3, 2016
  7. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    I used this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/
    According to it:
    And if you read other posts, patching the missing IOS251 fixed his issue.

Are you using the specific vWii version of the patcher, and the patch itself?

Last edited by Maximilious, Feb 3, 2016
  8. zektor

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 29, 2005
    United States
    Ahh, ok. I was curious about IOS236...thanks for the info!

9. sindrik

sindrik GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    Yes, the one in the guide, and nothing more. 58 is the maximum number i can use. What could be wrong?

Last edited by sindrik, Feb 4, 2016
  10. september796
    OP

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    yeah...sort of. Today the black screens came back :( but this time they're the [reloading in 60 seconds] type... it's not every time though but still annoying.

It's weird that IOS251 wasn't listed in the system check at first. After patching it now it shows correctly as patched.

Now I'm considering buying an SD card to replace the hardrive entirely as it is said that if nothing fix the problem then it might be the hardrive [?] Is there anything that you CAN'T do with an SD card instead of a hardrive? I mostly use the launcher usb loader CFG and nintendont (which works like a charm I must say)

what do you think about this one? http://www.dx.com/p/toshiba-sd-memory-card-black-64gb-class10-379765#.VrLG6151cU5

Last edited by september796, Feb 4, 2016
  11. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Do you have the Y cable connector or just a single cable for your HDD?

An SD should work just fine, but I would go for a 90MB/s read card if you can afford it, 40MB/s is sub par and you may run into longer load times. You will also need to change your config's to point to it in USB LoaderGX. I haven't used cfg in vWii and I'm not sure if it's still updated for use in vWii honestly. I do know Cyan (mod of GBAtemp) still updates USBLoaderGX for vWii purposes, but sounds like you have the same issue no matter which loader.

Well, the guide doesn't tell you to go higher than base 58 so I don't think there should be any problems:
    7) Install d2x cIOS on different bases/slots
    Start HBC and launch d2x cIOS Installer Mod v2.2 -> press a wiimote key ->
    - at "Select cIOS" press right and select "d2x-v10-beta52-vWii" or "d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii"
    - at "Select cIOS base" select "56"
    - at "Select cIOS slot" select "249"
    press A to install -> cIOS 249 installed.

Repeat the above procedure for IOS57:
    - at "Select cIOS" press right and select "d2x-v10-beta52-vWii" or "d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii"
    - at "Select cIOS base" select "57"
    - at "Select cIOS slot" select "250"
    press A to install -> cIOS 250 installed.

Repeat the above procedure for IOS58:
    - at "Select cIOS base" select "58"
    - at "Select cIOS slot" select "251"
    press A to install -> cIOS 251 installed.

12. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Base 58 is actually the right one so I don't know why that guy used 59. But 58 is only needed for a couple shovelware games, so as long as your loader isn't set to load 251 when it isn't even installed, you should be fine.
    There's a vWii version of ios236 installer, it's used for wad installation, as for ios251 I think that's Bootmii? (which doesn't work on vWii anyway)

13. september796
    OP

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    i did the guide exactly as they say. I use a Y cable, fat32 format, etc.
    now that you mention read speed, I'm using a toshiba MK4032GSX hard disk which is kinda old and accordingly to usbflashspeed.com has a read speed rate of 1244mb/s
    (ntfs though) that confuses me hahaha.. as for the 40mb/s speed card I don't think it's subpar for wii standards, I thought sd card slot on the wii was limited in speed. I mean even the disc drive has a maximum speed of like 60mb/s I believe. Obviously I'm talking about the 'wii part' of the wii u here. Have you experiment any difference between regular class 10 and the newer cards on vwii?

14. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Not vWii per-se, but I do know that loadiine works much better with a higher class SD card than a lower class. I have a 90MB/s class 10 card for loadiine and haven't run into many loading issues for loadiine games, but I do know other users here have run into loading problems on lower speed cards with loadiine.