vWii VC load on SD issue

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by blinkzane, Jun 20, 2013.

1. blinkzane
    OP

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    okay so I'm installing under cIOS236 and about half of the .wad installs will not load from my SD card, maybe my card is going bad, I dunno. but basically, when I try to launch certain games (like OOT, MM or a big handful of other games) it says "unable to launch" but it will load fine under my regular vWii menu. any idea behind this?

EDIT: in case my wording is bad, basically I install the titles to my vWii, move them to my SD, where they don't load and I cannot move them back. but if I leave them on the vWii menu, they work just fine.

2. Warlord698

Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    United States
    i would try with another card if you have one to check

3. blinkzane
    OP

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    Somewhere in this mess of electronics.......

4. blinkzane
    OP

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    Changed SD's and no differences.

also on to a bigger problem, my gamepad won't work now. I started up the vWii mode and it did one of those " gamepad cannot connect to the wii u" things and shutoff. I went to hit the TV mode and it wouldn't turn on, turned off the wii u and tried to turn it on with the gamepad, nothing. even tried with it on the charger.(I always have it charged) nothing. I assume this is unrelated to my SD issue. but I don't want to start another thread after just creating this one.

5. Warlord698

Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    United States
    gamepad never works in vWii mode

edit: might try holding the power button till the pad turns on/off for the regular Wii U mode stuff if it isn't working

6. blinkzane
    OP

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    I always use TV mode to switch my TV between my laptop and the wii u, i have them both hooked up to my tv. I turned the wii u off to try and get the gamepad to turn it on. it's like it ran out of battery, but I hardly used it today and it's always on the charger when not in use

7. blinkzane
    OP

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    nvm problem solved. anyways, the SD issues stands the same

EDIT: partially solved. still can't get TV mode to work while the Wii U is off.
    EDIT: actually it won't do anything until I turn the Wii U on from the console itself. then it turns on automatically