Hacking vWii sneek

D

Deleted User

Doubt it, seeing if you made a vWii dump, it would probably be encrypted. However I Believe there's some hacks in the INI files you can add.

solarsaturn9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the guide so that it now builds UNEEK+DI. I'll be adding instructions for using it later.

Hi Joostin! I've been following this post here and there planning on getting UNEEK set up on my Wii U sometime... but I can't find the guide that has UNEEK. The guide you posted on the first page only references SNEEK. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi Joostin! I've been following this post here and there planning on getting UNEEK set up on my Wii U sometime... but I can't find the guide that has UNEEK. The guide you posted on the first page only references SNEEK. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks!
I just haven't gotten around to it.

Dharengo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, after a LOT of searching the web, I eventually found this particular topic.

So I installed the HBC to my vWii. I want to do more with it, but I don't feel comfortable messing with the IOS's, since it does not seem like the NAND is as easily restored as the regular Wii is. So then I found out about SNEEK, but it took me a long time to even find this topic, and there are a few questions for me left unanswered, mainly:

1) Are there any additional alterations I need to make to the real vWii to run SNEEK?
2) In a SNEEK tutorial that appears to be for the regular Wii, it mentions you can just add the Homebrew channel to it, but this tutorial mentions that the Homebrew channel will not work. Is this something unique to the vWii version?
2b) Can I use a forwarder channel to run an executable from the SD card?
3) If I run an IOS installer in SNEEK, it will be installed to the emuNAND, correct?
4) SNEEK+DI seems to want to launch games from a USB drive. Can they also be launched from the SD card?
5) Does an SDHC give any problems?

Thank you for your time.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, after a LOT of searching the web, I eventually found this particular topic.

So I installed the HBC to my vWii. I want to do more with it, but I don't feel comfortable messing with the IOS's, since it does not seem like the NAND is as easily restored as the regular Wii is. So then I found out about SNEEK, but it took me a long time to even find this topic, and there are a few questions for me left unanswered, mainly:

1) Are there any additional alterations I need to make to the real vWii to run SNEEK?
2) In a SNEEK tutorial that appears to be for the regular Wii, it mentions you can just add the Homebrew channel to it, but this tutorial mentions that the Homebrew channel will not work. Is this something unique to the vWii version?
2b) Can I use a forwarder channel to run an executable from the SD card?
3) If I run an IOS installer in SNEEK, it will be installed to the emuNAND, correct?
4) SNEEK+DI seems to want to launch games from a USB drive. Can they also be launched from the SD card?
5) Does an SDHC give any problems?

Thank you for your time.
  1. Just do what's in my guide and you'll be fine
  2. There have been changes to the HBC, so whatever SNEEK guide you are following is out of date. The HBF (included in my guide) works fine.
  3. Not sure why you used 2b instead of 3. The only way to run homebrew on SNEEK is with USB. As far as your emunand is concerned, there is no SD card inserted.
  4. Yes, but it might not run properly. Apps that modify the NAND don't always work on SNEEK
  5. No.
  6. There is a possibility that any card won't work properly. Just try it out. If you haven't bought one, then go with Sandisk.

Dharengo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah thanks, those are the answers I've been looking for.

So about the forwarder channels, do they work if the executable is on an USB drive? Or do I need an entirely different forwarder channel? I know I can still use the HBF if it doesn't work, but if it does work it would be nice.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah thanks, those are the answers I've been looking for.

So about the forwarder channels, do they work if the executable is on an USB drive? Or do I need an entirely different forwarder channel? I know I can still use the HBF if it doesn't work, but if it does work it would be nice.
All current forwarders are both USB and SD compatible. Still install the HBF, even if you don't plan to use it. You might need it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi slept with Charles Babbage for a pc
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    And his was BIG 😱
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20kbps connection
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, That's what she said. :rofl2:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually they say 400 years ago 1cm was pretty average so Juan wouldn't feel left out
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    oh my...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs officials are closed on juneteenth guess it's fairly new became federal in 21:rofl2:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I figured you'd be down at the parade anyways.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I still own slaves just ask ancientboi his nicknames mister slave
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Poor Lemmiwinks...
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    @BigOnYa Great episode, camp of tolerance
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thanks, we try to make every episode, special.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I saw a $15 south park bundle box at Walmart kinda wish I bought it
    +2
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    I remember seeing the movie when I was young, made me swear up a storm when I got home. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm gonna buy it if I see it there tomorrow
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That beanie will look good on you, Kentman
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It would look better on urewife it would be like boning myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Started a new game last night called "The Quarry", pretty damn good. Feels/ looks like a movie. About a summer camp where local town folks go crazy and hunt down the campers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat it when it first came out good playback ability
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's crazy is I have 3tb in my SeriesX , and its almost full. Of course with some of these games being over 150gb each, it don't take long.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wish gamepass sold 12 month cards (with a discount), instead of 3 month only.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi