Homebrew vWii on WiiU help

Jhousted

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently got a WiiU for my son who has been obsessed with watching play-throughs of anything Mario for a little while. Since getting it we’re all having a great time and I’m glad I’ve given the homebrew a go as it was easier than I expected.

I have successfully homebrewed the WiiU via the method using the browser and wiiuexploit.xyz to access the homebrew channel.
I then just run mocha which was in the guide I used and I have found that fine for anything WiiU. I have installed and played games via WUP Installer GX2 ok and I understand that process now.
It’s a very easy really and I’m glad I’ve given it a go! But I’m having trouble with the vWii homebrew.

I went through several guides and have managed to install the homebrew channel ok on the vWii it seems. I have nintendont on the vWii channel with ISO80 patcher and also the d2x cIOS. I have run the cIOS with both the beta 52 and beta 53 versions so my problem below I’m thinking might be because it’s the type of homebrew I’ve selected (browser and mocha).... dunno, this is where I need a little bit of help.

Problem:

I have got a copy of Wii Sports Resort and also GameCubes Luigi Mansion on my WiiU title page.
I used techmoons injector you get these games installed directly on my WiiU main screen and used the WUP installer GX2 as mentioned above to achieve this. I prefer this method as I only want to have the one portable hard drive usb for all my games... which I have read is fine.

Both games installed fine without any problems.

I can run Luigis mansion (mocha needs to be running first) and this works fine but when I try and run the Wii game Sports Resort it boots over to the Wii then just black-screens and hangs there before the game is loaded.

Im thinking the techmoon injector method is either not really compatible with mocha and should be used with haxchi?

Im on 5.5.4 software and have blocked the DNS.

Any thoughts anyone?

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mocha has all the same capabilities as haxchi, minus needing a DS game to inject it into. It may just take a few tries and changes to make it work. And if not, then you'll have to stick with a USB loader for vWii. At the very least this method prevents a custom title from showing on your Wii U's activity log for Nintendo to potentially see and ban you for it.

I assume that because you were able to get Luigi's mansion running on the WiiU, that means you got all the proper information on Techmoon's injector? The things we can't discuss or share, as well as proper settings?

Can you share with us what you checked on all the settings, minus the keys that can't be shared for obvious reasons?

Jhousted

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi & thanks for the reply.

I can’t remember the settings I used in the TM injector but I’ll recreate it and post shortly.

to be honest I didn’t use anything other than the standard ones so maybe there is one in there for the Wii games that would help

Jhousted

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've found the problem.
I have been using Wii USB Helper for all my other stuff and have managed to install an get working Wii Donkey Kong Returns via that route. I got Luigi's Mansion above that way... I got the sports titles from Vimms locker which are USA region... I hadn't noticed!

Looks like I need to stick to EUR/PAL titles only and have found a couple of patchers so ill give those a try

Last edited by Jhousted,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-