vwii ios reinstall

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by drakorex, Mar 1, 2013.

Mar 1, 2013

vwii ios reinstall by drakorex at 6:49 PM (1,256 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. drakorex
    OP

Member drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I want to install all the original vwii ioses so I can troubleshoot some problems I'm having. If someone could get back to me in private ;) that would be great.

2. Enigma Hall

Member Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    You have made a backup of your nand?

ThereĀ“s no way to make the recover by backup until now, but maybe in future your backup will be useful. About the original ios reinstall, i dont know, maybe another user have a better answer.

3. Warlord698

Member Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    what are the problems that you are having?

4. drakorex
    OP

United States
    Tried installing d2x v 10alt but wiiflow isnt picking it up right. Thinking its a bad base ios so I wanna install the originals and try again. Can't find a way to acquire them short of renting an unmodded wiiu and dumping its nand.

5. Warlord698

Member Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. officialjunk

Newcomer officialjunk Advanced Member

United States
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you want to re-install original ioses and then try re-installing cioses again?
    I think you can just skip to reinstalling the cioses; no need to revert those slots back to original first.

n1ckn4m3 likes this.
  7. drakorex
    OP

United States
    I meant reinstalling bases 56,57 and 58. I tried this guide before and it didn't seem to help Made a vid of everything I did, maybe it can help someone help me. Stay tuned....

8. n1ckn4m3

Newcomer n1ckn4m3 Member

United States
    Installing d2x should not have overwritten your base 56, 57, or 58 -- it uses those iOS as a base, but installs the modified iOS into 249, 250, and 251 and does not overwrite the base iOS. Re-installing d2x into the 249, 250, and 251 slots should resolve your problems. You would have had to specifically elect to replace 56, 57, and 58 during the install (if that is even possible with the installer, but I'm not certain it is..)

9. drakorex
    OP

United States
    Hmm, ok. Idea... What if one were to overwrite their existing nand of their malfunctioning vwii with one that works perfectly. Any possibility of that working?

10. n1ckn4m3

Newcomer n1ckn4m3 Member

United States
    I don't believe so. The keys.bin generated during the dump is specific to the Wii it has been dumped from and I do not believe they are interchangeable. I do want to stress that if all you did was install d2x using the d2x installer, there's pretty much no way you could have overwritten your original IOS's.

The only thing you should have to do is use another d2x installer to install the cIOS again. I used "d2x v10 beta52 for vWii" from the official google code project and have had no problems with either USBLoader GX or Wiiflow. Can you provide more specific detail about the error that's occurring? My guess is your problem is with one of the cIOS's in 249, 250, or 251 -- not with any of the base IOS that were used to create the custom ones, and in that case, reinstalling a functional version of the cIOS into 249, 250, and 251 should resolve your issue.

Also, to quote something I found on the forums here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-safe-to-intall-another-wii-nand-on-to-my-wii.263948/

I know that is talking about just the Wii, but I think in this case it's safe to assume the same about the vWii.