VS2015 Developement Setup Issue

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by addi33, Dec 28, 2016.

1. addi33
    OP

addi33 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I´ve been setting up my VS2015 to be able to build 3ds homebrew but when I build the test project I´m just getting the succesfull build message and thats it, no 3dsx, no sdmh, dunno what went wrong

Last edited by addi33, Dec 28, 2016
  2. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Not many console homebrewers tend to use Visual Studio as their dev environment. You wouldn't be able to use just Visual Studio only anyway.
    You need to set up Devkitpro and ctrulib which will set you up with all the tools and programs neccessary to properly build 3DS homebrew, as well as homebrew for other consoles.

addi33 likes this.
  3. addi33
    OP

addi33 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I´m not a noob. I got ctrulib, devkitarm, libnds etc... Compiled a lot of stuff did a lot of stuff, also with unity, but I actually wanted to try actual coding usefull tools, but I´m not that good in blind coding so I need a kind of engine, so VS2015 seemed to be fine for that

4. haazet

haazet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2015
    United States
    Visual studio is is just a nice text editor not so much really much of a engine. Its nice because it has auto complete/suggestions when your typing if you have it linked to the library.
    I just use Notepad++ but my games we're simple with libctru and use VS for Unity but it really doesn't help all that much if you don't know what your typing in the first place.

Im not sure visual studio has anything to do with building the 3dsx either seem like another problem

addi33 likes this.