Hacking VitaShell 1.60 Released, USB Mounting for PSTV!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta give it to the store, they do get some pretty darn good deals at times!
Well yeah, $5 for a $40-$60 title with DLC, hell yes. :P

Anyway, i hope there was a plan for this kind of thing. Otherwise i just will have a SD card with usb reader for like homebrew and emulation instead. :blink:

Reactions: Deleted-379826

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man it sucks I would really use this to store all my vita digital games but henkaku is 3.60 exclusive.. I really hope they come up with some spoofing method to at least have access to the psn store

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man it sucks I would really use this to store all my vita digital games but henkaku is 3.60 exclusive.. I really hope they come up with some spoofing method to at least have access to the psn store
You could kinda spend like a week downloading the games on the ps3 then doing wireless transfers to psvita... unless maybe somehow a wired transfer is possible. :ninja:

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question! (though I think I know the answer)

I have a Vita TV on 3.60 but I DON"T have a memory card nor does it have henkaku. Can I still use this or do I need a memory card so I can install Vita Shell?

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hmm, hitting Triangle in the VitaShell home section just crashes the app for me :( don't even get chance to mount USB, tried with USB in and out.

Just for anyone curious, turns out I was in SAFE MODE since I had not used my PSTV in months, switched to unsafe and worked, v1.61 now warns you about this.

Question! (though I think I know the answer)

I have a Vita TV on 3.60 but I DON"T have a memory card nor does it have henkaku. Can I still use this or do I need a memory card so I can install Vita Shell?

Can't see why not, I mean it has 1GB internal without a memory card so at the very least can install VitaShell and such and tell it to mount USB.

Reactions: DarthDub

Noizetank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I have my usb mounted and I have ftp'd games to the USB mai folder but it just errors 0x0010001 when I try to install anything. how do I get it to work? I've been trying all day it's driving me.crazy

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of questions:

What happens when a PSTV using a USB drive as ux0: reboots? Will all the applications installed disappear from the LiveArea?

What is the point of refreshing the LiveArea?

ObeSeeker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of questions:

What happens when a PSTV using a USB drive as ux0: reboots? Will all the applications installed disappear from the LiveArea?

What is the point of refreshing the LiveArea?

When you reboot you go back to the usual memory device you were using before the mount. The bubbles do not go anywhere before or after the mount. I have yet to refresh database btw. Ive probably rebooted 3 times and unmounted umao 10x around now. Everything seems normal atm.

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize what you meant now Issac it wasnt out of spite. You just were telling me to try harder than an expression. Sorry. I am happy now im gonna attempt ,o play my first PSP backup on the big screen!

Last edited by Retinal_FAILURE,

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome... but I went online with my PSTV to download updates for Digimon Cyber Sleuth, thinking I was gonna use the PSTV as my "legit" device... I sure hope its firmware is at or below 3.60. Would be nice to have more than 3 games installed at any given time, considering how bad my A.D.D. is. Still haven't even finished Digimon Cyber Sleuth... oh well. Time to find my spare SSD.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but does this stack with the Vita memory card? Say you had a 16GB flash drive and an 8GB memory card... would that give you 24GB of storage, or do you have to choose between the two?

Also, if I transferred Vita files to my PC with QCMA, how would I put them on a flash drive? Where are they stored? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say you had a 16GB flash drive and an 8GB memory card... would that give you 24GB of storage, or do you have to choose between the two?
I doubt the presence of a USB drive would block the memory card from being used, but hey, odd things happen in technology all the time. Also... 16GB? Get with the times, girlfriend. They make 1TB+ flash drives now, and that's not even bringing up portable hard drives. 4TB of Vita games ftw.

Edit: Lol, just read the OP.
TheFloW has just released VitaShell 1.60! This update offers the ability for PSTV owners to mount USB drives as both a separate partition, and as the memory card itself!

So yes, you'll have 24GB of storage (minus of course system files and whatnot).

Last edited by Pedeadstrian,

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's the problem I ran into, my Hard Drive crashes the PSTV, idk if it's because of these things, 1. I have like 4 other partitions on the Hard drive. 2. I've gave the PSTV partition too much space 74GB. 3.my Hard Drive is a POS. I've tried the PSTV partition as both logical and primary. and it is in exfat format as it is supposed to be. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, I don't have a spare flash drive that large. Like the other guy said, it'll have to wait. Besides, my Playstation TV has largely been retired in favor of an Android TV that does a lot more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte