Vitamin 2.0 available

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by VerseHell, Sep 9, 2016.

1. VerseHell
    OP

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    image.png

The latest version of the Vita VPK dumper, Vitamin, has arrived. You can see the new features in the changelog below.

:arrow: Source
    :arrow: Download it here

Last edited by Chary, Sep 9, 2016

2. Awsder33

Awsder33 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2016
    Brazil
    Oh yeah, now the fun begins!

zoogie likes this.
  3. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    That was sooner then expected.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    • Increased compatibility dramatically.
    • Added support for additional content (DLC) at 'ux0:addcont_plain'.
    • Added possibility to choose compression level.
    • Added trial -> full patch (You can for example download Minecraft demo, dump it, and run it as full game).
    FREE FULL DEMOS? O_O
    COMPRESSION?
    DLC?

WHAT IS THIS WIZDARDY:creep:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Sep 9, 2016
  5. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    I'm glad that he released it, but at the same time I feel bad that he felt pressured to release it quickly...

6. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    I think the speedy release was prompted by the fact that TheFloW himself feels that MaiDumpTool is better in some ways.

https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/774294307985555456

There's even an English version over on reddit. Here's hoping his effort at collaborating with them are fruitful.

Madridi, cearp and SonsofOcelot like this.
  7. SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
    While this is awesome I hope he doesn't leave due to the assholes. Anyways thank you good sir!!!

8. insidexdeath

insidexdeath .

Apr 13, 2010
    Tbh he had this coming with his childish behaviour towards people asking for release or the source code. Obviously no one is entitled to it, but his reaction was unnecessary. You can calmly, and respectfully just say no, or you releasing it very soon.

The release of the superior Chinese tool also triggered some sort of anger and jealousy as it rendered Vitamin obsolete. This is due to how the dumping process is far superior and the games compatibility is also much higher.

9. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    LuxerWap, satan89, Lycanroc and 4 others like this.
  10. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    RCR DX Still doesn't work. :(

Oh, and could maybe someone test this with demos or the Playstation plus only games? My wish may come true today.
    Also there was a update for vita shell. And it installed 2 more apps, now i have moleculee. vita shell and updater?:unsure:
    They both are 0.95. by the way.

Awsder33 likes this.
  11. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    What exactly are you reading? TheFloW was quick to praise the work of the Chinese team after he looked into the work they did, and offered to collaborate and share source code with them. He said himself that their dumper is better.
    https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/774294307985555456
    Where are you detecting 'anger and jealousy'?

Gottwald, satan89 and Awsder33 like this.
  12. insidexdeath

insidexdeath .

Apr 13, 2010
    Read his tweet before the praise. He quickly bashed the work and claimed that Vitamin was copied. Then he obviously got a bulk of replies from angry anonymous tweeps bashing him for his reaction. That's when he decided to give it a look. Many people were also blocked because they asked him to collaborate with the Chinese for a future-proof dumper as he's going to be taking a break from the scene for university.

13. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    It was a flippant remark to be sure - we're all human. Not sure I see how that justifies the bile being thrown at him. Have you seen the comments?

As far as opening the source code goes, he opened VitaShell and appealed for contributors precisely because he will be withdrawing from the scene soon for university. I think the added complication with Vitamin is much of the code probably wasn't written by him, so he probably couldn't make the decision to release the code by himself.

14. flame1234

flame1234 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 17, 2009
    United States
    That's impossible due to language barrier.
    At least it's difficult due to language barrier.
    About the best that could happen is to share source. I think Vitamin's source is already shared, so it's up to the Chinese side to share theirs, if they care to.
    I hope someone adds the EBOOT only function to Vitamin that the Chinese dumper has.

15. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    They were all troll accounts with like 1 post each, some idiot with too much time on their hands.

Awsder33 likes this.
  16. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Excellent news!! Now I can dump the full version of Urban Trial Freestyle with ease like I have always wanted to!! :D

However, more importantly, I would be very much interested to see the Ratchet & Clank series become compatable. I remember dumping my old R&C Trilogy cartridge (before I flogged it to my local CEX store) and it not working on either 1.0 or 1.1, so I'm pretty much on the edge of my seat at the moment where that's concerned; waiting for a working dump and what-not...

GamerUnity and Awsder33 like this.
  17. Ushio

Ushio Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2016
    Egypt
    Yeah coz he the uni gonna starts soon

18. insidexdeath

insidexdeath .

Apr 13, 2010
    I've seen the comments, and I do blame those retarded good for nothing leachers who just wanted to pressure him to release vitamin 2.0 for their piracy fix. However, his arrogant behaviour towards the Chinese tool was childish. Yes, Vitamin is a big achievement considering how long it took them

Open sourcing, is entirely his choice and the rest of the team of course. Even if he decides to not release the source, that is his choice and should be respected. Some tweeps were just asking normal questions about the source code, and collaboration with the Chinese who released the new dumping tool, and his replies were absolutely rude. No one should be allowed a pass for such behaviour just because he, and his team were the first to release a dumping tool.

Last edited by insidexdeath, Sep 9, 2016
  19. Haider Raza

Haider Raza Alhumdulillah

GBAtemp Patron
    Haider Raza is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 30, 2016
    Pakistan
    Nice! good work.

20. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Typical internet scum as usual. who hide behind their screen and keyboards and act all big and hard. Thanks for the release Flow and have a beer on me with the 10 Euros.

AceTest likes this.