Vitacheat plugin

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by slifer1231, Aug 27, 2017.

1. slifer1231
    OP

slifer1231 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2007
    United States
    Charlotte, North Carolina

From what I say before it was pulled someone was claming it was using code from rincheat and demanded it be open source due to that. But from what people say from looking through the plugin the only reference to richeat just happened to be that the dev named a method with the same name as a method in rincheat but just because of that doesnt prove he copied code he just named it that. When i write a program if another programmer had a method called sloppynoodles in his program I can have a method in my program called sloppynoodles that doesn't mean I copied his code I just happen to have the same method name as him.

Last edited by slifer1231, Sep 29, 2017
    KennyJones and GIZMOSNAX like this.

2. GIZMOSNAX

GIZMOSNAX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Interesting! Thanks for the extra information!

3. KennyJones

KennyJones Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    United States
    Yeah Rin saw the same data within VitaCheat and got pissed. Now VitaCheat has been removed from the site. I hope Rin starts working on something better than VitaCheat too, but he was pissed and a very busy guy these days.

GIZMOSNAX likes this.
  4. GIZMOSNAX

GIZMOSNAX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Oh. Is this connected to why Rin was considering leaving the scene? I never got on with Rincheat but I also think Rin is a scene and homebrew legend. I would hate to think anyone did something that was derivative of Rin's work.

Last edited by GIZMOSNAX, Oct 1, 2017
  5. KennyJones

KennyJones Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    United States
    Yes he posted on Twitter.

6. GIZMOSNAX

GIZMOSNAX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I'm now a little unsure if I should continue to encourage Vitacheat use lol.

KennyJones likes this.
  7. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    Rin said that he will not continue to update rinCheat nor make any new cheat programs.
    He also said that whoever uses the other programs does not care about the work of developers.

In my opinion, what he is doing makes no sense though.

Smoker1 likes this.
  8. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Yeah there has not been a Update for quite a long time. Plus I tried to use the SE Version Cheat on a Game and it Crashed on me. At least with VitaCheat, it is being looked at and Cheats are being looked into. Here is hoping that the Dev will continue improving it and will Release a newer Version.
    @KennyJones UMVSC3: Odd thing is, I cant get the 999999 Points Code working.

Kotomine Kirei likes this.
  9. Kotomine Kirei

May 21, 2015
    United States
    I agree, but I do like rinCheat SE, and I wish that Rin had continued developing rinCheat and rinCheat SE to the point that the others are at, as I trust him more than the ones who will not release source code.

KennyJones and Smoker1 like this.
  10. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Well I am not sure, but are there Users still creating Cheat Files for RinCheat? Seems like it has been Dead for about a Year :(

Kotomine Kirei likes this.
  11. GIZMOSNAX

GIZMOSNAX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Yup. You may be right. I'm sorry, I haven't been keeping up with things for the last few weeks. As it it stands then... VitaCheat does seem the way to go and it's a shame Rin won't be doing another version of Rincheat. Hope he stays on the scene though (Gizmo, much like Machete, don't Tweet lol). I now remember I need to finish Quake 2 (again.... but never on Vita).

Last edited by GIZMOSNAX, Oct 7, 2017
    Kotomine Kirei and Smoker1 like this.
  12. Kotomine Kirei

May 21, 2015
    United States
    I had a difficult time creating cheats with rinCheat.
    Its features seemed very limited, and you had to go through quite a few things to get cheats to work if I recall.
    If that was not just a problem for me, then I do not think that it would be that odd if people were using the other cheat programs rather than rinCheat.

It does seem like that, unfortunately.
    Hopefully, GoHANmem and VitaCheat do not have anything nefarious in their code.

KennyJones likes this.
  13. GIZMOSNAX

GIZMOSNAX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Does GoHanmem do encrypted games?